AAPD digital radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
I just had a unit calling out as 3C2 who came up on TGID 17360 in digital mode.... he eventually called out on eastern saying he was having radio problems and was going to Hqts to get a new one...

I've seen these TGID before on TRUNKER but they are usually comm centers "paging" radios....

interesting.

The good thing was that the digital was pretty good -- nice and clear.

RyanXTS

They have the digital channels in them... may be using them by accident, and getting confused.

troymail

Silent Key
RyanXTS said:
They have the digital channels in them... may be using them by accident, and getting confused.

Then I'd suspect 17776 is the digital version of 12-B (Eastern Aux)....we must be getting close to digital use!!!!! Look out you guys with analog only scanners.....

Last edited:

Llwellyn

As long as it sounds better than Baltimore City, and they keep the 154.01 patch in place, I'm good to go as I mostly monitor FD and do have a digital radio too for general listening. At least there are several good choices out there now for the people who are going to want to upgrade soon...

jake14

fire disp said they were doing Maintenance on the system today around 11:00 am
all fire and EMS were told to use portables only

But i only herd that on fire ID 16 dont know if it has anything to do with police

18-3box

i heard that beep on Northern District (1616) earlier that beeps every 10 seconds. i am not sure whether that signifies maintenance but i heard that- and that was around 2 (i believe)

i have heard that on both 0016 (AAFD Dispatch) and 1616 (Northern District PD)

idk whether that would help or not.

troymail

Silent Key
The beep is used quite a bit by AAPD -- it means "10-3" on the channel -- everyone shut up... usually it's when PD is appoaching a dangerous situation.... once the officers are comfortable with the situation, they advise "lift the 10-3"...

I've heard it on fire TGs sometimes but that's usually radio techs working on the system... To my knowledge, Fire doesn't use it.

troymail

Silent Key
3C1 up on 17808 in digital calling in a "periodic check"....

I've got all my normal "talkative" TGs locked out for a while and running in
SEARCH mode listening for radio users coming up on the wrong (new digital) TGs....

I also pulled my TRUNKER logs to see if there are some additional NEW TGs in the same area that have been recently active....

troymail

Silent Key
OK - had a Southern unit up in DIGITAL on TG 17424 calling out to "radio" and getting no response. He then switched to TG 17456 and called "Channel 5" .. again with no repsonse...

So, based on what I've seen so far, here is where I think this is going:

17328 Northern (A)
17360 Eastern (B)
17392 Western (C)
17424 Southern (D)
17456 Channel 5 (E)

Given previous activty (mentioned above), I predict that 11-N and 11-O (SOS talkgroups) are going encrypted soon which allows for this (a guess):

17488 Teletype (F)
17520 Admin (G)
17552 Ops (H)
17584 Ops (I)
17616 Ops (J)
17648 Ops (K)
17680 Ops (L)
17712 Ops (M)
32xxx SOS (N)
32xxx SOS (O)

17744 Northern Aux (A)
17776 Eastern Aux (B)
17808 Western Aux (C)
17840 Southern Aux (D)

[ this could be all wrong but if not, I may play the lottery later.... ] :cool:

Quite a number of users have popped up on one of these TGs recently and from my trunker, more digital capable portables are showing up every day....

Last edited:

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
troymail said:
Quite a number of users have popped up on one of these TGs recently and from my trunker, more digital capable portables are showing up every day....

Troy-
Finally getting my Trunker up and running... did you happen to get this TG last night, too:

4670,31,2,"Unid Digital",44a33ecf,0,0,18032,#4670,06/28/2006,22:45

The number seems to be right.

Thanks,

troymail

Silent Key
lebrunmn said:
Troy-
Finally getting my Trunker up and running... did you happen to get this TG last night, too:

4670,31,2,"Unid Digital",44a33ecf,0,0,18032,#4670,06/28/2006,22:45

The number seems to be right.

Thanks,

I have to check my notes but if I recall from what I heard that seemed to possibly be a Sherriff TG

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
17776 Tg

troymail said:
Then I'd suspect 17776 is the digital version of 12-B (Eastern Aux)....we must be getting close to digital use!!!!! Look out you guys with analog only scanners.....

Troy-
Just heard talkaround exchange on this group. When they were finished they switched back to 11-A Northern Analog, like nothing had happened, and one unit advised dispatch of what she was planning to do. It seemed clear that she thought no one could hear them. Is it possible that some of these guys could be flipping to digital when they want some privacy? I've heard some of them gripe about the restriction on I-calls in the past.

troymail

Silent Key
lebrunmn said:
Troy-
Just heard talkaround exchange on this group. When they were finished they switched back to 11-A Northern Analog, like nothing had happened, and one unit advised dispatch of what she was planning to do. It seemed clear that she thought no one could hear them. Is it possible that some of these guys could be flipping to digital when they want some privacy? I've heard some of them gripe about the restriction on I-calls in the past.

I've heard several complete conversations on the digital groups as if they were I-Calls or on the PD AUX TGs. Odd thing is that they don't always seem to go to the TG expected - like sometimes Northern goes to 17776 and other times Easterbn goes there - almost as if the TGs have different names or are not labelled correctly in all of the new radios.

I can see them wanting to test it out... I'd be curious myself.

I suppose in a way the digital are a bit more secure in that they are digital and you need a digital capable scanner to listen.... hard to say what guidance they've been given...

I'm getting pretty good indications that they will switch to digital in late summer or ealry fall this year even though the system won't be 100% ready....

Status
Not open for further replies.