AAR Railroad Frequency CH# 34 160.6200 Hearing Data just like HOT/EOT ?

Mikejo

Lately, I’ve been hearing a lot of data noise that sounds exactly like HOT/EOT.

I know that HOT/ EOT is supposed to be on UHF frequencies “452.9375/457.9375”, but I’m hearing this on AAR CH# 34 160.6200.

I’ began hearing this at least two months ago and it’s becoming more and more frequent, and I’m just wondering if anybody knows what this is?

Could it be PTC over the air? I don’t know; more adept rail-fans might know what’s going on?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Lately, I’ve been hearing a lot of data noise that sounds exactly like HOT/EOT.

I know that HOT/ EOT is supposed to be on UHF frequencies “452.9375/457.9375”, but I’m hearing this on AAR CH# 34 160.6200.

I’ began hearing this at least two months ago and it’s becoming more and more frequent, and I’m just wondering if anybody knows what this is?

Could it be PTC over the air? I don’t know; more adept rail-fans might know what’s going on?
Is it possible they switched to NXDN? I see they are licensed for Nxdn as well.

Mikejo

Also, I live in Waltham mass, next to the Fitchburg line. And there hasn’t been any freight through this area in many years, the only other line that I’m close to is the Worcester mainline over in Newton/Wellesley and they haven’t had any freight traffic for over a year now. I do know that, there is the dirty dirt train that travels on the Worcester main line from time to time, but that’s usually late late at night. The only other possibility could be some kind of track maintenance work going on, but I doubt if they had EOT/HOT, it would be in the VHF frequency range.

kb1kvd

Communications Roadmaster for a railroad
Premium Subscriber
That channel is used by CSX (Pan Am) and is licensed as a base radio and mobiles. The frequency was orignally MEC road/ Springfield Terminal but since CSX has taken over the channel is designated for use east of CPF-199 and more than likely being used as a another yard channel. The frequency is licensed to most if not all of the base sites on the system.