AARL Grounding and Bonding Book...any good? Reader and scanner user friendly?

TrainsOfThought

Land, waters, sky...an entire universe to monitor!
Premium Subscriber
Hello all.

I'm mapping out my long-term scanner radio setup (up to 7 scanners) w/associated antennas (likely 3-4 radio + 1 TV ATA roof antennas the latter to replace discontinued satellite service ) I'm starting to research the grounding requirements.

I'll be starting this piecemeal ONE antenna at a time, but hope to set it up right the first time with room for plug-and-playish capability to add each new antenna easily to the "system" i.e. one common mast ground wire connecting ALL the antenna to the basement? and/or multi outlet grounding blocks...

Is the AARL book "Grounding and Bonding" overly complex or complicated (professional-ish) OR is it easily understandable to the average radio user? I can pick this up nearby at Ham Radio Outlet. I've studied some online articles and illustrations & following the existing basement grounding wires (some to water pipes, some to the electrical box) so am starting to get a feel for this part of the project.

Doing this right and understanding will give me a head start when I study for my Ham Radio license as well.

Thanks for reviews for the AARL book.

Attachments

• grounding and bonding book.jpg
    grounding and bonding book.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

TrainsOfThought

Land, waters, sky...an entire universe to monitor!
Premium Subscriber
I find it easier to understand than the NEC and more focused on ham installations than the Motorola R56 manual.
BB
Don't know if this (just found) is a newer edition than my previous reference but it seems to have generally good Amazon reviews...might have just answered my own questions. I can self-fiddle with most things 'round the house but have been leery of all stuff electrical. Maybe time yo get over that. Grounding and Bonding for the Radio Amateur: ARRL Inc, H Ward Silver N0AX: 9781625950659: Amazon.com: Books

Attachments

• 51I2rUnDHxL._SX426_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    51I2rUnDHxL._SX426_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 6