BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Ability to export Sentinel channel information

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Sorry that title is about the best I could think of.

What I want to do is be able to export the favorite list key, system list keys, and department key numbers to something that I can sort and print out on a quick reference card(s). Ideally, it would be favorite list, with systems and their departments under the FL (or as a single table row).

For example, I live in Virginia and have the STARS system in a FL. The Virginia State Police have seven divisions, so under the STARS FL key, I have VSP as a system and the seven divisions as departments.

So what I'd like to be able to export is a file that contains the three key sequence (e.g., "FL.SQK.DQK VSP Div #") along with the key names. This may be a bit long so ability to edit the names would be nice.

I have several FL's set up like this (my local county shares its system with four other agencies I don't need to monitor all the time) and trying to keep track of the numbers gets confusing after a bit. My table would look something like this (though I am open to other suggestions).
0.0.1 local pd
0.0.2 local fd
0.0.3 shared sys1 pd
0.0.4 shared sys1 fd
0.0.5 shared sys2 pd
etc.

Many thanks for any ideas.

troymail

Silent Key
I wrote a simple program to parse the FL files a while back. It may or may not be exactly/complete what you want. I haven't used it for some time. If you want a copy, PM me (include an email address) and I'll look for it

Status
Not open for further replies.