Able to listen using Palm Centro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
With the plethora of new phones out now, am I able to use my Palm Centro to listen to online RR streams? I don't have a web or data plan yet but I just started a new job and I won't be around the office environment much to be around a computer. I havn't been able to find much online on if it would work or not, just seeing if I need to get a newer phone. Thanks a bunch.

Jason

DigitalMDX

Feed Provider
Palm Centro

It looks like Pocket Tunes aka PTunes will work for you. It looks like it's included with the phone.

Here's a blurb from a Pocket Tunes "how to"... (some of this refers to the "deluxe" version which I believe is a paid upgrade)

Pocket Tunes turns your Palm device into a portable audio player! Play music, podcasts, and audio books from your collection, or subscribe to an online music service to gain access to millions of unique songs! With Pocket Tunes Deluxe, you can even listen to Internet radio anywhere that you have wireless Internet access.

Listen to Internet radio
With Pocket Tunes Deluxe, you can tune into hundreds of ShoutCast or Live365 radio stations on devices with built-in wireless connectivity.

15-2 Finding Other Internet Radio Stations

The easiest way to find and listen to Internet Radio stations not included in the catalog downloaded from the Pocket Tunes web site is to visit Free Internet Radio - SHOUTcast Radio - Thousands of Free Online Radio Stations or SmartPhoneTools - Your first source for Palm™ Treo™ News, Software and Accessories on your handheld's web browser. Look for a station that you want to listen to, and tap the "Tune In" button. Your handheld may ask you if you wish to Open or Save the file; pick "Open". It may also ask you if you want to accept the file; select Yes. Pocket Tunes will then load the station and start playing it within a few seconds.

After using your web browser to find a new Internet Radio station, the new station will be included in the "Unfiled" category in the Internet Radio catalog. You can use the "Move" or "Copy" options in the Internet Radio catalog's "Station" menu to include the station in another category or categories.

-Jay

Last edited:

Fire822

Feed Provider
Palm Centro

Pocket Tunes aka PTunes does work great for listing to The Radio Reference feeds. Just navigate your way through on their mobile site.
RR Mobile

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Awesome thanks guys, also, when i'm browsing on the web with my Centro, does that use my plan minutes or is it unlimited based on paying for the web data plan? Also, about how long does your battery last while listening to the feeds?

Jason

Fire822

Feed Provider
Palm

My plan is unlimited because I pay for the data plan. Check with your provider to make sure though. I ended up having to buy another battery for mine. Browsing the web or listing to feed's drains the battery fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.