? about gre 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8FAS

When my scanner is recieving you can push analyze. What does all this information mean. There is always a percent uasally high in the 90's. Also some other number, I think it maybe a tower Id. I know my examples are not very good but if anyone know a little about what im talking about it would help me out alot.

SCPD

QRT
The % is the percentage of the digital data that is received from the control channel is successfully decoded. The TRS sends a check sum with each packet so the radio knows if a command is good or not
SID:### is the System ID number and S??? is the Site number. This is for MOT TRS & I don't know about EDACS since I never monitored a EDACS Site.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
And the better the decoded packets %, the better your chances of receiving both the tower control channel and P25 voice channels there (with exception to interference on the Voice Channel from some other source). If you take a look at the Radioreference database entry for the MPSCS towers you'll see what tower your hearing: SID (Site ID):796, WACN (Wide Area Communications Network or P25 system number) 92493, T (Tower) :511
Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS) Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies
Tower in deciaml: 5-011, HEX: 5-B (as displayed on the Pro-96/2096), Tower: St. Ignace [Mackinac] 866.97500 867.97500 868.47500a (alternate control channel) 868.97500c (Primary Control Channel)

Also the NAC (Network Access Code) is displayed. Helpful for conventional P25 systems and unknown P25 trunked voice channels.

On some Motorola systems you can also see the site alias displayed. Usually the county or town that the tower is located in. Great features for unknown tower sites, DX signals, and travel to different areas.

You can find more detail of the display on page 75 of the PSR500 manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.