? about ID tag 06560

Status
Not open for further replies.

daranged

Premium Subscriber
i heard this tag dont know what or who it is thay said slc tango 11 with no response 2 or 3 times i assumed it was some type of UHP slc any one know about this

qlajlu

Silent Key
i heard this tag dont know what or who it is thay said slc tango 11 with no response 2 or 3 times i assumed it was some type of UHP slc any one know about this
daranged, I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean by "tag?" Do you mean that was the talkgroup ID or was that the radio call sign being called by someone on the radio? ...because that number does not meet the protocol of either a TG or a radio call sign.

Tango 11 would be one of UDOT's Incident Management Units, the big ambulance looking trucks that have early warner signs with lighted arrows on them, that run up and down the freeways helping to direct traffic at accident scenes and helping stranded motorists.

Where did the number 06560 come from? How was it used?

The one part of your question (... said slc tango 11...) sounds like Incident Management Unit Tango 11 was calling the SL UHP dispatcher. That is the only part of your statement/question I can make sense of. Sorry.

qlajlu

Silent Key
By the way,

Welcome to the Utah Forum of RR.com​
daranged​

I see your first two posts were in the UniTrunker Forum, so maybe that number you are referencing in your original post to this thread came from a UniTrunker file.

tbogs

TG 6560 is the main Corrections channel monitored by SLC Dispatchers. It is known as Corrections 1. The tango units you hear on this channel are the Department of Corrections Transportation Unit. AP&P is also on this channel as well.

qlajlu

Silent Key
TG 6560 is the main Corrections channel monitored by SLC Dispatchers. It is known as Corrections 1. The tango units you hear on this channel are the Department of Corrections Transportation Unit. AP&P is also on this channel as well.
tbogs, maybe TG 6560 needs to be changed in the Db. It shows that it is assigned to AP&P. It says nothing about it being the main Corrections channel. What's with that? :confused:

tbogs

Honestly its all the same. Corrections as a whole has tons of channels...the problem is figuring out what they are...and even more difficult is they don't use all the channels as much anymore. You'd think AP&P and Transportation would have different channels but they don't. Because AP&P and Transportation share this channel, they refer to it is Corrections 1. Its up to you guys, I can submit it as Corrections 1.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
Welcome daranged

I see that you are in Utah County. We would love to have your input in the DB for that area. We have a few others there but another set of ears and eyes is always great!

Observer1

Tango 11 isn't Incident Management, they are 290's in Salt Lake County, 300 somethings in Utah County....but they're always 3 numbers.

As for AP&P and Transportation, they are "sort of" together.

"Regular" (for lack of a better term) prison guards are Cat 2 certified peace officers. They've been through the SFO/Correctional block, but have not been through the LEO block of POST. They cannot carry a weapon with them offsite.

Transportation and AP&P are Cat 1 certified peach officers who have been through both the SFO and LEO block. While they do work independently from each other, they tend to swap people etc and since they're both out in the field, they tend to use the same channels. Of course AP&P in Salt Lake also uses UHP's channels.

tbogs

Observer1 is correct about Transportation and AP&P...Corrections Officers while on Duty can carry a weapon offsite depending on their post because they have the same duties as Peace Officers. This is due to the fact that there is a huge waiting list for the LEO block of POST. I am Cat 2 Certified and while I've done my training I have carried a weapon depending on my post.

tbogs

Thanks LGLHOOK, I do work at the Prison currently. During my training I worked all over the Prison, inside the different facilities and outside security. Alot of the Prison radio traffic along with some of the channels now make sense. Really the only way to make sense of the channels is to use Unitrunker. I didn't realize how many facilities use the same channels and overlap one another. I've been working on identifying several more channels and if anyone is interested I'll let you have what info I've got.

LGLHOOK

I would be interested in what you have. I tried for the longest time to figure it out and just gave up cause I did not have the resources (trunker) to do it, I was just scanning the CC in "OPEN" mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.