• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

About Programer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbo

Hi Everybody!
This is my first post on the forum and I have a problem with programer.Everything was working just fine till I got a message telling me that something occured and that it might not work properly.
Now, when I'm trying to communicate with the 700p I get this message;"serial port in use by another application or not supported in hardware"
I find the connection named "TTL 232 R" and it tells me that the pilots are not instaled.I run the cd to reinstall programmer but it won't fix the problem.I use the usb cable from Price Industries.
I hope this make sense to somebody,any help would be greately apreciated.

Thank you!
Bert.

rbo

Can't beleive I fixed this all by myself.I don't understand what caused this problem but I got it fixed by restoring my computer to a earlier date.
Thank you anyways!

Last edited:
While Programmer is talking to the radio, it takes control of the serial port - so any time the little pop-up boxes are open in either programmer, maintainance or RPM, the port is controlled. When the pop-up goes away, the port is free again. If you hang it up while there's a box up then you've locked the port.

Did you try rebooting the PC - I'd be surprised if that didn't fix it.....

rbo

Thank you for your answer!
It's working now.I did reboot the computer after restoring it the way it was a week earlier when I knew it was possible to communicate with the radio.I'll be aware of the popups you mentionned.
Thanks again!
Bert.

Status
Not open for further replies.