About the CHP system, what did they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt_531

Thanks Alot, that post makes alot more sense for us not so tech saavy users. CHP needs to go to a regular radio system like everyone else.

I have a question I know what a extender is, but whats a BO extender? I here them say 10-19 for a BO extender

Last edited:

Mick

"BO" is CHP language for "Bad order" meaning it is not operable. An officer will tell the dispatcher that and return to the office for a working hand held radio. It's usually the battery that goes out.

ScannerDude244 said:
I have a question I know what a extender is, but whats a BO extender? I all here them say 10-19 for a BO extender

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
emt_531 said:
CHP needs to go to a regular radio system like everyone else.
I don't agree with that at all. I happen to like the CHP's radio system. No one else can drive their vehicles over such a huge geographic area and be able to reach the "local" dispatcher". Certainly there are some minor improvements that could be made such as repeating cars or a better way to make extenders work; but the system they have seems to suit them fine. Unless it is broken, don't fix it.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Exsmokey said:
I would have written this sooner, but have been using all my free time to program a new PSR-600 mobile for a trip I'm taking in another week.
I appreciate you taking the time. I've added it to the database.

Regarding the age and technology of the system....as Trooperdude said, making low band work is an art. The best way it can be done in such a size that the CHP need is being done now. It would be nice to have a standard repeater setup but when dealing with multiple transmitters and receivers at a site you need a ton of space for the duplexers. Low band duplexers are huge and very expensive. So there's not a lot that can be done now to improve the system.

RolnCode3

"This computer is called a voter, as it the selection among multiple sites is the "vote" of the best signal."

Looks good. Looks like a mistype, but this sentence doesn't make sense.

SCPD

QRT
RolnCode3 said:
"This computer is called a voter, as it the selection among multiple sites is the "vote" of the best signal."

Looks good. Looks like a mistype, but this sentence doesn't make sense.

Wayne, could you remove the word "it" from this sentence, please?

Thanks RolnCode3 for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.