About the live feed Ontario Provincial Police, MTO, and MNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman1303

I was listing to this live feed on this website. I am hearing alot of calls for officers to investigate domestics and other stuff. I am confused if this is York Region would the OPP only be doing highway patrol? On this channel we would hear feed on OPP, MTO and Ministry of Natural resoures. I just curious as to this area and what the officers are doing?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I was listing to this live feed on this website. I am hearing alot of calls for officers to investigate domestics and other stuff. I am confused if this is York Region would the OPP only be doing highway patrol? On this channel we would hear feed on OPP, MTO and Ministry of Natural resoures. I just curious as to this area and what the officers are doing?

You might be hearing one of the regions that the OPP police 'in town' as well as the highways.
A good example is Caledon, if you are hearing 1Sierra calls these are OPP units that police Caledon.
There calls would be aired over the King City tower for sure.
I dont know if other areas in the area (Simcoe Co.) are policed by the OPP or a municipal force.

takeme

Was Oakvillecub
Banned
so what is this website for Live OPP and MNR ?

OPP do the public safety for alot of small towns in Ontario. I think they now cover all of Haldimand-Nolfok
as well.

moosexing00

there was a nice live feed of Elgin, Chatham, Middlesex OPP on the live feed area.....has been off-line for a few days...anyone know where it went or another link to same area?

mciupa

Database Admin
there was a nice live feed of Elgin, Chatham, Middlesex OPP on the live feed area.....has been off-line for a few days...anyone know where it went or another link to same area?

Feed provider is on vacation with his scanner and will be back on-line when he returns.

pathalogical

It's possible the feed provider has enabled their York Region and their Fleetnet (OPP, MNR) at the same time, so it scans both systems one after the other.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Pathalogical is right, thats probably what has happened.

How are they calling the officers? Does it sound like OPP "5 BRAVO" 5 TANGO etc etc
Or York region area's "Delta 336"

It's possible the feed provider has enabled their York Region and their Fleetnet (OPP, MNR) at the same time, so it scans both systems one after the other.

Last edited:

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
While I was away I listened to this feed all weekend and no, the York Region trunk system is not mixed with the Fleetnet King Tower feed. York has its own feed anyway so I don't see why the provider would do that.

Like Eric mentioned, he most likely heard the Caledon units responding to calls:).

vabiro

Premium Subscriber
I listen to that feed a lot and I am surprised by the area covered by the services on the feed. Each service has a different coverage area:
MOH: seems to only be York Region south of Simcoe, North of Steeles, West of Oshawa, East of Peel
MOT: I hear guys from all over south-central Ontario, but rarely north or Orillia or East of Peterborough
OPP: I hear traffic for calls from all the 4-series highways within Toronto and North to Penetanguishine, Tay and Orillia.

I believe the guideline used to be that any municipality with less than 10,000 uses the OPP. Above 10k they can opt to use the OPP or have their own police force. It is all spelled out in The Police Services Act.

Victor

hitman1303

I listen to that feed a lot and I am surprised by the area covered by the services on the feed. Each service has a different coverage area:
MOH: seems to only be York Region south of Simcoe, North of Steeles, West of Oshawa, East of Peel
MOT: I hear guys from all over south-central Ontario, but rarely north or Orillia or East of Peterborough
OPP: I hear traffic for calls from all the 4-series highways within Toronto and North to Penetanguishine, Tay and Orillia.

I believe the guideline used to be that any municipality with less than 10,000 uses the OPP. Above 10k they can opt to use the OPP or have their own police force. It is all spelled out in The Police Services Act.

Victor

That Fleet Net system is insane that Bell uses for OPP.Also what is the model unit in the OPP cars is it a Motorola ? with a Phone style mic??

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The model of radio in the OPP Cruisers, Trucks, etc are: Motorola Astro and yes it is a Phone Style mic they use.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Coolguy

Windyfarm123

To answer EJB' s question, Orillia is the largest city in Simcoe County to be policed by the O.P.P. Barrie has their own service as does Midland. Bradford and area is policed by South Simcoe Police Service. All other areas in Simcoe County are covered by the O.P.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.