ABQ Metro

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Uggh maybe they're just testing stuff for a few hours and they'll switch back at any moment...:(

NMPhillieFan

It sounds like BCSO, BCFD and AFR are still operating as usual (at least for now). Ironically, I was watching some goofballs, that follow APD around and film them on YouTube, mention several times they are not hearing anything on the scanner app... :mad:

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
State police have been active on 132, referring to an Op. Probably a concerted effort to crack down on crime?

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like BCSO, BCFD and AFR are still operating as usual (at least for now). Ironically, I was watching some goofballs, that follow APD around and film them on YouTube, mention several times they are not hearing anything on the scanner app... :mad:
Bingo

M1997

Yeah, not been able to hear anything but AFR since yesterday. Hopefully it's not permanent

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
I’m ok with a crack down on crime op as long as it returns to normal on Tuesday. Just don’t want this op to be a lifetime op.

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
One wonders if there will be a push for media access, as there has been in Colorado..

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
***WARNING***

Any more posts about online feeds and this causing encryption will be deleted and infractions issues.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
NMSU las cruces is still on the dmr, cap system, for now, however seems they have went from clear to secure. I'd imagine NMSU statewide will eventually go on the 700

2wayfreq

WOW! I didn't hear that the EDACS ProVoice system was trashed! And, on this new Phase II system, they left Patrols in the clear! Good for you guys!! :cool: If you don't need allot of channels, I would recommend a Unication G4 or G5. Great quality audio and decode!

KC9NTX

Did APD dispatch return to the clear yet?

As of 08 SEP 21, 12:42Z, APD is still running on TAC. Looks like it may be a permanent shift. My agency usually interfaces with them on the clear channels, and we do not have access to their encryption keys, so that's going to screw us over big time (it's impossible to get dispatch on the phone).

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
My agency usually interfaces with them on the clear channels, and we do not have access to their encryption keys, so that's going to screw us over big time
Same with my agency. So much for interoperability right?

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
Well NMSP seem to be active on 131,132, and I've heard the radioshop call dispatch and get a response on Metro Gen 7.

andrew_m

Premium Subscriber
Technically that’s what the interop groups are for, but does anyone even monitor those?
We don't here, we have to monitor APD SE just in case they get a call that could spill onto campus. And my officers monitored SE in case they needed backup near campus. But as of right now, we can do neither.