ABQ Metro

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
This is what captcodeplug refers to regarding the nmsp 700 and them watching how it plays. Ill just leave it right here. The technology update is a huge blessing for public safety with the available features.

Your not gonna get me to agree with you here on this encryption issue Captain Codeplug. I think it’s complete hog wash that an agency can’t learn to switch channels when they need to go secure on a multi million dollar radio system and keep the dispatch clear. I am pro law enforcement and have allot of sympathy toward the officers here but I just don’t understand why it needs to be an all or nothing approach. Officers not being able to learn to switch channels is a weak argument in my opinion. And this whole just encrypt everything approach by these agencies is an overreach. There needs to be allot more public outcry and outrage about this in Abq. Next thing will be trying to take our lawful guns away from us here in Abq because officers want to feel more secure! Not buying it…

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
What's funny about that video is that "Block The Blue" clearly illustrate how not to interact with the police. And yes, it's people like "Block The Blue" that are pushing agencies to encrypt. It's quick...its easy...and costs nothing. As I've stated before, it will do nothing to stop this.

Groups and individuals like "Block The Blue" will just drive around looking for the flashing lights and then insert themselves to "catch" (read: instigate) the cops doing something wrong. It won't matter if the agency is in the clear or not, if someone is streaming the audio online or not.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what's up with the ABQ LE feed? It's shows as online, but I've been listening throughout the day and have heard nothing...

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
This is what captcodeplug refers to regarding the nmsp 700 and them watching how it plays. Ill just leave it right here. The technology update is a huge blessing for public safety with the available features.
Yeah complete disrespect for LEO in that video by block the blue. Total Scumbags! Idiots like that will follow patrol Code 3 to calls. Regardless of encrypted audio. No respect anymore.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what's up with the ABQ LE feed? It's shows as online, but I've been listening throughout the day and have heard nothing...
Rumor has it the Abq LE feeds have been taken down in an effort to keep the bad guys from listening in using simple phone apps. This is a really good thing!

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
I noticed the BC calls feed is gone, unfortunate that LE talkgroups couldn't have just been excluded from it..

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Are they still using Provoice? I'd love to monitor APD again. Just don't know how. I'll probably need a new digital scanner too. Recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm not certain, but I think they've just about dropped the Provoice system.

What kind of scanner do you have?

If you're using a scanner that's capable of handling P25 Phase 1 and P25 Phase 2, you're almost all the way there. It's my understanding that APD is using Linear Simulcast Modulation on some sites, so you'll need either a Uniden SDS100/200 or Unication pager to receive those signals reliably.

If you've got the right scanner, all you need to do is check out the New Mexico Digital Trunked Radio System frequencies here on RadioReference and program your radio accordingly.

Good luck!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

TRGNM

I have a Whistler WS-1080 and some older analog scanners. The WS-1080 does P25 phase 1 and 2 but not simulcast modulation.

ChrisABQ

You may get lucky with regard to simulcast if you don't use it in a mobile situation. Here is the new system you need to program to hear it.

The Albuquerque simulcast site is preferred. You may also hear much of the system using the Sandia Crest site which is not simulcast.

jbella

Premium Subscriber
Captain Codeplug seems to misunderstand something about encryption and "safety." As a firefighter for over 30 years, I can unequivocally say that if you are encrypting FD traffic, even fireground traffic you are hiding something or are incompetent. Your safety as a FF is never compromised when radio traffic is in the clear. Quite the opposite as has been demonstrated in the past. If you need to say something sensitive over the radio "We need more milk for coffee at HQ" then switch to an encrypted Tac channel.

Law enforcement can be another m after, but especially in these days, transparency is just as important, building up your relationship with the law abiding community, not shutting them out.

Have a problem with "bad guys" listening in? Easy, false flag them. Need to run an op? Tell units switch to X talkgroup for the op, feed nothing but false info while the real op is taking place encrypted.

Now onto every paranoid's favorite enemy: "The Media." There are certainly journalists who feed plenty of opinion into news stories that should be all fact. It doesn't matter what network channel or slant, they're there. It's that pesky ol' Constitution thing. Y'know the same document that allows guns? With rights come responsibilities. Does the media have a "right" to access real time law enforcement Information/communications? That would be debatable. But full encryption automatically makes you think "what are they hiding?"

So I guess a rogue journalist would be the same as a rogue radio programmer who has codeplug info or even encryption keys and surreptitiously gives them to 'reliable' friends so they can listen in but no one else can. But we wouldn't want to talk about that would we?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Just noticed that NM DTRS Bernalillo County West Mesa (ABQ Metro) site has disappeared from RR database. Does anyone have Site NAC for Cedro Peak (ABQ East Mtn) site?

KE5ZBG

NMSAR
Feed Provider
Just noticed that NM DTRS Bernalillo County West Mesa (ABQ Metro) site has disappeared from RR database. Does anyone have Site NAC for Cedro Peak (ABQ East Mtn) site?
I think it's NAC 850 if memory serves right.