absolutely new to radios, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessebabson

hey guys i recently became interested in radios, i didnt realize how much information there, what are some of the basics i should get familar with while i get started here

whats the difference betweem uhf,vhf,digital

what radios work well in the woods as opposed to the city, is there a different signal for radios.

i have a couple of lpe-200 and a radio shack iscan 107, but i thought i might look into learning more and getting more equipment, i enjoy listening to the public safety and just the overall experiance..

its really cool to hear whats going on, then watching as my wife reads about it the next day and i all already know,

thanks guys

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hey guys i recently became interested in radios, i didnt realize how much information there, what are some of the basics i should get familar with while i get started here

whats the difference betweem uhf,vhf,digital

what radios work well in the woods as opposed to the city, is there a different signal for radios.

i have a couple of lpe-200 and a radio shack iscan 107, but i thought i might look into learning more and getting more equipment, i enjoy listening to the public safety and just the overall experiance..

its really cool to hear whats going on, then watching as my wife reads about it the next day and i all already know,

thank

If you are very new to radio, try checking your local library for some books about radio?
Also hanging out with your local hams might give you some valuable info!

n9zas

jessebabson

thats a good idea, thats one reason i am here, i know from being in the army, i can read a book, but most the time by talking and listening to others real life scenarios and experiances is good, i just enjoy reading what others have to say and i will continue to read and learn off this site,

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.