AC adapter for Unidens, safe to charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0UHS

Are there any known problems with charging Uniden handheld scanners (NimH batteries) that anyone has had. Just wondering, as I have a new BR330T. I am using 2500 mAh batteries in the scanner. Sure would hate to have a problem. Thanks!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
It's fine, but it's much better to use an external charger.

ctrabs74

KC0UHS said:
Are there any known problems with charging Uniden handheld scanners (NimH batteries) that anyone has had. Just wondering, as I have a new BR330T. I am using 2500 mAh batteries in the scanner.

I haven't had too many problems with the internal charger in my 396. The adaptor, though, is another story. It hasn't been taking a consistent charge for the past week or two, and I need to get it replaced soon. Other than that, I've been okay with it...

ervin1

after reading several threads on this subject i decided to get a external charger for my 396 no since in takin chances with a 500 dollar investment when a good external charger costs between 20 - 30 dollars and the chances of losin a good scanner to something as simple as a bad battery

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd say if you can afford a $230-$550 scanner, then you can afford an external battery charger to keep a set of batteries charged up and ready to go, but that's just what I would do. ;)

K9GTJ

So how is everyone dealing with external chargers when you usually have to charge in pairs but only need 3 in the scanner.

rbm

kokomo1 said:
So how is everyone dealing with external chargers when you usually have to charge in pairs but only need 3 in the scanner.

I use this:

MAHA MH-C801D BATTERY CHARGER
DELUXE 8 Cell Professional Battery Charger w/ Full LCD Display -- Special Price $69.97
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/maha-mh-c801d-battery-charger.htm

along with one of these:

MH-C401FS 100 Minute Cool Maha Battery Charger
AA and AAA NiMH ( Nickel Metal Hydride ) / NiCAD Fast/Slow Battery I-Charger.
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/mhc401fs.htm

That allows me to keep 12 batteries ready to go. When I travel, I have 3 in the radio and 9 more in the plastic battery holders from the same web site. Both chargers will charge each battery individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.