AC Expressway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have information on this? Is there more than one or is it some promotional gimic. I don't see any antennae on there but that doesn't mean much these days. I don't travel the ACE much, if anyone does let us know if you see one.

Attachments

• 2AC.jpg
    2AC.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 468

radiomanNJ1

What a big deal labeling it LASER speed enforcement. Every town has laser.
There might not be any room for a radio so the guy forced to squeeze into this thing uses his/her portable. Don't see a lot of lights on it either.

Devilz311

I've only seen it in pictures... I'll take a look in the parking lot of the Farley rest stop next time I'm in the area on the Expressway

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
They need it too, someone just got killed on the expressway just this morning on the Camden Atlantic County border.

ampulman

NBC40.net :: News

Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Last paragraph in the article:

"Anyone on the Atlantic City Expressway can report aggressive drivers by dialing #77 or 1-800-GET-MADD to report someone you feel may be under the influence. As always, if there's an emergency, dial 9-1-1."

I guess you'd better pull over before diddling with that phone.

Amp

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Last paragraph in the article:

"Anyone on the Atlantic City Expressway can report aggressive drivers by dialing #77 or 1-800-GET-MADD to report someone you feel may be under the influence. As always, if there's an emergency, dial 9-1-1."

I guess you'd better pull over before diddling with that phone.

Amp

Actually you are allowed to report these activities using your cell phone while driving - see 1. b. (2) below:

1. Section 1 of P.L.2003, c.310 (C.39:4-97.3) is amended to read as follows:

1. a. The use of a wireless telephone 2or electronic communication device2 by an operator of a moving motor vehicle on a public road or highway shall be unlawful except when the telephone is a hands-free wireless telephone 2or the electronic communication device is used hands-free2, provided that its placement does not interfere with the operation of federally required safety equipment and the operator exercises a high degree of caution in the operation of the motor vehicle. 2For the purposes of this section, an “electronic communication device” shall not include an amateur radio.

b. The operator of a motor vehicle may use a hand-held wireless telephone while driving with one hand on the steering wheel only if:

(1) The operator has reason to fear for his life or safety, or believes that a criminal act may be perpetrated against himself or another person; or

(2) The operator is using the telephone to report to appropriate authorities a fire, a traffic accident, a serious road hazard or medical or hazardous materials emergency, or to report the operator of another motor vehicle who is driving in a reckless, careless or otherwise unsafe manner or who appears to be driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. A hand-held wireless telephone user's telephone records or the testimony or written statements from appropriate authorities receiving such calls shall be deemed sufficient evidence of the existence of all lawful calls made under this paragraph.

As used in this act, "hands-free wireless telephone" means a mobile telephone that has an internal feature or function, or that is equipped with an attachment or addition, whether or not permanently part of such mobile telephone, by which a user engages in a conversation without the use of either hand; provided, however, this definition shall not preclude the use of either hand to activate, deactivate, or initiate a function of the telephone.

"Use" of a wireless telephone 2or electronic communication device2 shall include, but not be limited to, talking or listening to another person on the telephone 2, text messaging, or sending an electronic message via the wireless telephone or electronic communication device2.

Devilz311

Does that mean no one else uses laser? I see it on SPEEDERS all the time.

Have there been any other episodes of Speeders in NJ? The only ones I know of were filmed with Toms River and Brick... And in both episodes, only RADAR was used.

What a big deal labeling it LASER speed enforcement. Every town has laser.
There might not be any room for a radio so the guy forced to squeeze into this thing uses his/her portable. Don't see a lot of lights on it either.
It's not so much that the car can come after you, it's a psychological deterrent and sign of authority. What they're saying here is pretty much 'We have fast cars and use current technology, so don't bother to even try to get over on us.'

Frankly, with a GPS you can see the difference between speeding and not. I never see more than a 15 minute difference in going fast or just staying with the herd. It's not worth it for a hefty fine and points.

Status
Not open for further replies.