PSR500/PSR600: AC Power Adapter Info Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi folks, the link on Whistler for the AC power adapter that fits the PSR-600 is showing sold out. I found mine has been inexplicably trashed this morning (the prongs that plug into the AC wall socket are broken free of the plastic housing and flopping around!) and I clearly need a replacement.

I'm OK with locating and using some third-party adapter (even one of those adaptaplug ones) that puts out 13.8V at 800mA, I just need to know what the tip is. It's positive tip according to the label on the adapter, but what's the code for the barrel type/shape/construction?

Thanks!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Check the last post in this thread:

scanaholic

I'm getting a nasty loud hum on mostly Metrocare ambulance service here in Abilene, but what worries me is, I heard it one night on the BNSF railroad channel. Can an adapter going bad, do this kind of stuff? The noise is noted on high band analog signals. Thanks.

scanaholic

I may have solved it. I've got an old high band antenna in here (can't have an outside antenna, living in an apartment complex), and I moved the coax away from the adapter, which I "think" solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.