Academy District 20 School Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I programmed all the frequencies I could find in the RRDB, but no success. The only clear traffic I have heard sounds like from individual schools. The other sounds are unintelligible spurts. I have not heard any bus traffic on the one DTRS talk group. No success using close call either even close to their depot. I see the buses have a very short black antenna off center on top of the bus. Any suggestions? Thanks.

dw2872

I hear D11 and D20 security on their DTRS talk groups all the time but have not ever checked to see what they have for the busses. Now you have me curious so I will have to check that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radio

Premium Subscriber
I hear the regular D11 and 38 buses on their posted frequencies all the time as well, but this one really puzzling. Thanks

mrangelo

Premium Subscriber
how you guys program it? im using a Pro-651 and have no clue how program those DTRS talk group, only i see is a bunch of frequencies here in radioreference for academy district 20

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber

mrangelo

Premium Subscriber
What you have is the equivalent of the GRE PSR-500 under a Radio Shack Badge.

Many of us program units of that vintage with Win500 to save the pain. With a RR membership, you can use that software to automate the pulling of data from RR directly. See Win500: WS1040, WS1065, PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-651, PRO-652, PRO-106, PRO-197, PSR-310, PSR-410 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control

Thats exactly what im using but the trunk freq i found and added to my scanner using the RR import method nobody talk there and when I added the ones in the 400mhz manually sounds like trunk radio, weird sounds. I found another thread here and found a couple or 400mhz that looks like have activity but very minimum and only when im close to the D20 school i work. I did not even hear the school buses yet.

radio

Premium Subscriber
I believe most of those frequencies you hear and can understand are low wattage radios used at the schools. The other ones you hear with "weird" noises are probably TRBO radios. Many district buses have gone to them due to the FCC mandates requiring new narrow band frequencies, thus the rise in TRBO radio systems.

One must spend $1200 dollars to buy that AOR radio to receive any TRBO traffic. Sadly, that radio does CANNOT monitor any trunking of any sort.

Hopefully a much better and way less expensive radio will be produced soon.

I have heard District 11 and District 38 buses on their analog frequencies. Have not tried Falcon 49 yet.

Last edited:

K0RUSinCO

One must spend $1200 dollars to buy that AOR radio to receive any TRBO traffic. Sadly, that radio does CANNOT monitor any trunking of any sort.

Hopefully a much better and way less expensive radio will be produced soon.

Happily, not so true now, if you're willing to go some effort. You can get a Tytera MD-380 and update the firmware to monitor everything!

radio

Premium Subscriber
Never heard of that radio. Unless I am missing something, I just googled that and appears it is a 2 way closed system.

I did not see where it says it can be programmed to scan to monitor any other radio DMR/TRBO systems like the current scanners for analog and
digital Phase 1 and Phase 2 systems out now.

Last edited:

Mick

The Tytera MD-380 & the Connect Systems CS750 radios receive DMR perfectly.

My logs:

451.3000 KYV762 Academy SD 20
ColorCode 7
Slot 1 TG 2001 Buses
Slot 2 TG 2002 Maint/engineering

451.3500 KYV762 Academy SD 20
ColorCode 10
Slot 1 TG 1001 Buses
Slot 1 TG 1002
Slot 1 Private Calls
Slot 2 TG 1001 Buses
Slot 2 TG 1002
Slot 2 Private Calls

461.8750 KYV762 Academy SD 20
ColorCode 8
Slot 1 TG 2001 Buses

461.9000 KYV762 Academy SD 20
ColorCode 5
Slot 1 TG 2001 Buses

464.9000 KYV762 Academy SD 20
ColorCode 6
Slot 1 TG 1000 Buses
Slot 2 TG 101 Bus garage

radio

Premium Subscriber
Again, I have never heard of this brand/model until today.

Where has this radio info been with all the complaints with that AOR radio about its price and performance?

Anyone with a link to the manual to this radio, please post it.

Thank you

K0RUSinCO

I'll have to hunt down the Github page with firmware to make it not care about color codes and slots, that part is very new. But if you have the programming info needed or can find it with DSD, then you can just program it in.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Thank you all. I stand corrected on my info that AOR has the only DMR monitoring radio on the market.

Mick, if you could share how you got those parameters and K0RUSinCO could share the link to github, I and the everyone else interested in DMR monitoring will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

K0RUSinCO

Hey, don't feel bad, this is very new stuff - at least the hacked firmware to allow monitoring is.

https://github.com/travisgoodspeed/md380tools

I just got my DM-380 last night and loaded a codeplug for the local DMR ham repeaters, waiting on a DMR-MARC id to program in it. I won't mess too much with the firmware until I've had some time to play with amateur stuff.

Edit: Here's another link with more info, no warranty though!

http://www.g0hwc.com/tyt-md-380-dmr-radio-experimental-firmware.html

And a thread on the forums:

http://forums.radioreference.com/bu...yt-md-380-monitor-mode-questions-answers.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.