Acadia parish LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

I will program those frequencies back into a scanner and see if I hear anything. I used to be able to hear them from Lafayette so if they are still using it I will be able to hear them. I will let you know what I find out.

Tim-B

Well, right off I can tell you that I am hearing the intermittent quelch tail type noises that LTR systems transmit on several frequencies. I put the frequencies in as conventional analog at first so I could check for these data bursts and sure enough they are still there. So apparently the system is sill online. I went back in and reprogrammed them as LTR and I haven't heard any traffic yet. Maybe I will hear some during the week when other city and parish workers are back at work. So far I have not heard a peep from any public safety type agencies.

Technoguy58

OK, Thanks. Yeah, I had heard the squelch blips this week when I was over in that area but did not hear any activity all day. So I was just curious as to whether it is used at all or is kept online for backup purposes.

Tim-B

I have a contract job where I am doing legal research and for right now I am able to do it online from home so I will keep that scanner on and listen during the week and see if I hear anything. I was surprised that the system is still up. Maybe it is just a backup.

Tim-B

Well, I heard nada. As in nada thing. Not even public works or mosquito spraying trucks or anything like that. I had both the Duson and Crowley towers programmed. I can hear them both from Lafayette.

Status
Not open for further replies.