Acadian Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

It now appears Acadian has made the switch in the Houma, Morgan City, Thibodeaux and Gonzales area. I have heard dispatch and Units talking on the same talkgroup today. The talkgroup is 6847. I am not sure all what areas this talkgroup will cover. I am sure there will be other talkgroups for Acadian showing up soon for different areas of there coverage. It's great to hear ground units talking 50 miles away to each other and the dispatcher.

Landman

I have been hearing occasional chatter on 6848. I have been trying to identify the agency before submitting the info to the database. It sounds like an EMS company but I can't tell who because this talkgroup appears to be just a talk channel for them. Do you hear any traffic on this talkgroup also and does it sound like the same people on 6847?

kevins669

Database Admin
Landman said:
Do you hear any traffic on this talkgroup also and does it sound like the same people on 6847?

A new TGid in New Orleans, too. I would imagine they set them up with different TGs for each area... Or whatever form of organization they use.

-- Kevin

teebee

6847 is the only talkgroup I have heard Acadian traffic on. I have not noticed talkgroup 6848. Maybe it is Acadian in another area. I will keep an ear out and post when I hear it.

Landman

Okay, I am hearing acadian on 6847 through 6850.

6848 may be the North Shore dispatch. I am hearing addresses in that area such as on Pardue Road in Springfield, LA and addresses in Hammond

6850 units in a wide range of areas appear to use 6850

Add your notes in this thread and maybe we can figure out what areas each of these talkgroups are for.

jim202

From what I am being told, Acadian has issued a 700 portable radio to each of it's
trucks (ambulances) at least on the North Shore. This covers the Slidel, Bogalousa,
Hammond and areas to the north.

How the use of these radios will be applied, only time will tell. I would expect that
this is the early stages of interop between the Acadian fleet and the public safety
agencies that have been issued a 700 portable also. My information has it that
at least one portable has been issued to each fire department in the area.

Jim

teebee

Last night I heard Acadian Dispatching a unit (76) to a call in Laplace on 155.295. So my guess is in the Laplace area there still using VHF.

I was also told by a friend who works for Acadian that 700 portable radios has been assigned to the ground units not Air-Med as of yet.

He did not say if all locations of Acadian accross the state has started using them or not but for sure Houma areas has them and are currently using them. I have been hearing a lot of activity around Houma and Gonzales on 6847.

I have not heard any units in the Houma area on 155.295, My guess is they have completly switched over.

Landman

From what I have been hearing today my notes are as follows:

6845, F-1?, unk area

6846, F-2, St Martinville, Kaplan, and more, unk if Lafayette as well

6847, F-3, Houma and surrounding area

6848, F-4, Donaldsonville, Grosse Tete and surrounding area

6849, F-5, Jennings, Welsh, etc., unk if Lake Charles

6850, F-6, North Shore

6851, F-7?, unk area

I got the above just by listening and not from someone "in the know" so to speak. Feel free to add to or correct the above.

teebee

Landman said:
From what I have been hearing today my notes are as follows:

6845, F-1?, unk area

6846, F-2, St Martinville, Kaplan, and more, unk if Lafayette as well

6847, F-3, Houma and surrounding area

6848, F-4, Donaldsonville, Grosse Tete and surrounding area

6849, F-5, Jennings, Welsh, etc., unk if Lake Charles

6850, F-6, North Shore

6851, F-7?, unk area

I got the above just by listening and not from someone "in the know" so to speak. Feel free to add to or correct the above.

What tower are you monitoring to be able to hear all of these id's. I am monitoring the berwick tower and the only id I get is 6847

Landman

Lafayette tower. But then AASI is headquartered in Lafayette so I am not surprised that I am hearing them all. Today is actually the first day that I heard all of these.

teebee

It seems they are switching back and forth from LATIE to VHF. At times they use all communications on LATIE then for a while everything is VHF. I thought it might have been specific units on LATIE while some were using VHF. That is not the case because I hear the same unit numbers between the two. Last night they were using LATIE for a while, a little later last night they switched back to VHF and that is still where there at this morning everything is on VHF. I did hear a couple transmissions on LATIE earlier today no other activity there. I thought maybe they were Simulcasting between the two but that is not the case. I have two scanners and able to monitor both VHF and LATIE at the same time.

scannermaster2006

Premium Subscriber
Acadian is supposed to keep the vhf from what I was informed, and have it patched through onto LATIE. Thats how we have the system done for FD disp in Avoyelles. It would be too expensive to replace all the radios in over 200 units! My unit hasn't recieved the new radio yet. In the Central Region-Avoy/Rap we are using F5- 155.295. I dont know if we will have the LATIE F-5.
Which band plan are they using on the Lafayette tower?

scannermaster2006

Premium Subscriber
AASI 1 Evangeline, St. Landry Avoyelles, Rapides
AASI 2 Acadia, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Martin, Vermilion
AASI 3 Ascension, Assumption, Lafourche, St. James, St. John, St. Mary, Terrebonne
AASI 4 EBR, WBR, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, E. Feleciana
AASI 5 Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Jeff Davis,Vernon
AASI 6 St. Helena, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa
AASI 7 Jefferson, Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Charles
This is how the disp regions are divided.
The F1 -F7 probably will not represent the old VHF system, what I'm thinking. I will find out more later. Replace the "F" below with "Region" and it maps out, from what I can see.

6845, F-1
6846, F-2
6847, F-3
6848, F-4
6849, F-5
6850, F-6
6851, F-7

Landman

In answer to your question about the Lafayette tower, they are still mainly using their VHF frequency of 155.28. This frequency used to be simulcasted with their "LF-1" talkgroup on the Lafayette 800 system but I am no longer hearing any traffic on their two talkgroups on the Lafayette 800 system. So far I have not heard the Lafayette dispatcher using their "F-2" talkgroup on Latie.

red8

Latie in Lafayette

Landman said:
In answer to your question about the Lafayette tower, they are still mainly using their VHF frequency of 155.28. This frequency used to be simulcasted with their "LF-1" talkgroup on the Lafayette 800 system but I am no longer hearing any traffic on their two talkgroups on the Lafayette 800 system. So far I have not heard the Lafayette dispatcher using their "F-2" talkgroup on Latie.
Unforunately Lafayette Parish System on Latie is encrypted, that sucks the big wazzoo
red8
NO BUTTERS, KENNY IS DEAD !!!!!!!!!WE CAN'T KILL HIM NOW

ka5lqj

700 mhz LATIE....

Hi Guys!

What brand and model scanner are you using to hear the new 700 mhz frequencies?
I can't seem to find anything on one.

Thanks,

Don/KA5LQJ
Shreveport, LA.... The "GATEWAY to HELL", 5 riverboats, one horsetrack, no waiting, bring money. He he he.

kevins669

Database Admin
ka5lqj said:
Hi Guys!

What brand and model scanner are you using to hear the new 700 mhz frequencies?
I can't seem to find anything on one.

I personally use the GRE PSR-500. It is the latest and greatest. It works well with the new system being implemented statewide.

You truly can take control of your radio. You can organize talkgroups how you want. Lots of customizable features.

Many also use Uniden models.

Use the search functions, or go to the respective manufacturer forums under "Scanner Models Discussion."

... You can't miss it.

-- Kevin

pitcockm

Don,

Latie has not made it to northern Louisiana yet. It is pretty well built out along the 1-10 corridor and should start making it's way north.

Mark / k5mdp
Shreveport, Louisiana

Status
Not open for further replies.