AcarsDeco2: Can't get aircraft pictures to display

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have successfully set up AcarsDeco2, and it works fine, except on the web page display, I can't get any aircraft thumbnail pictures to display on the right side of the display. I believe you need to put a link to the pictures in the .bat file that runs the program, but which link, and how should it be formatted?

morfis

Something like:
--pictures l:\avia\acarsdeco2\pictures

ie. the path to the directory that holds the images you want displayed instead of the default

morfis

No idea, I fired it up to try out images and the above worked perfectly (though it seems a bit pointless to me). I know that people use Virtual Radio Server to display that kind of stuff for ACARS and ADS-B websites

morfis

The help file suggests there is a pictures-url command which can be used. It takes the url of a remote image directory

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I tried the pictures-url command; it didn't work for me. I must have it formatted wrong.
Also, I use Virtual Radar Server as well, but the pictures won't display there either.

morfis

Where do all the other sites get their images from? If an online database perhaps there's an API call/key required to access their data?

D

DaveNF2G

Depending on the image site, you might have to log in first.

Status
Not open for further replies.