Accessing system quick keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
How can I directly access a system quick key that I have loaded? I've tried reading the "easier to read" instructions, but I must be missing it.

It's a 396xt

thanks in advance,
skip

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Press the number key on the keypad corresponding to the number of the quick key you have assigned. It the system was on then pressing the key turns it off. If the system was off pressing the key turns it on. For two digit quick keys (i.e 21) press the period key and then the two digits. You can see which ones are on or off by looking at the screen.
BB

teufler

well quick keys for the systems are controled, after assignments, by the number kets. At the bottom of the radio displat you see numbers and or stars. Stars, the system is turned off, a number showing, its turned on. now for a specific system to turn it on, while leaving the others off, fastest way I have found is turn all systems off, then turn the one you want back on and you will scan only that system.. You can assign number keys to a specific channel/frequency which is another way to use quick keys. Its not really a quick key but it functions very similar. The subject of group keys, system keys, and number keys is read and read and read.

skipfitz

Premium Subscriber
I guess i'm missing something. Is this done while the unit is scanning? If the system quick key is entered, will that system stay active?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
The system quick keys are a toggle. If it was off pressing the key(s) will turn it on. If it was on pressing the key(s) will turn it off. It will stay either off or on after pressing the key(s).
BB

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If a system Quick Key is enabled (active/turned on), then you'll see the number at the top of the display. If the system Quick Key is disabled (not active/turned off), then an asterisk would appear where the number would be.

As an example: A system has a Quick Key of 1. When SQK 1 is enabled (the system is being scanned), you'll see a "1" in the top row. If SQK 1 is disabled (the system is NOT being scanned), you'll see "*" in place of that "1".

teufler

yes, press hold, then you can toggle off all the keys, then toggle on what you want. you can stay in scan also if you desire. In Freescan, ctrl k brings up the quick key assignments. press auto select. The blue check marks are what is assigned to each key. Hover over a check mark and you will see what exactly is assigned to that key.Now if you want just that key active, torn off all the keys and turn on the one you want. You will end of scanning only one system which is active.

Status
Not open for further replies.