Accessories to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjhsba

I'm about to purchase a PSR-800 and am wondering what accessories to add . . . such as a good case, different antenna (I've seen posts about using a RS antenna for better reception), wall charger, etc. Any suggestions?

Also have a question about using it outside the US or Canada. Is it possible to program it (via download) for frequencies when traveling in other countries?

Thanks.

N0WEF

Premium Subscriber
I'm about to purchase a PSR-800 and am wondering what accessories to add . . . such as a good case, different antenna (I've seen posts about using a RS antenna for better reception), wall charger, etc. Any suggestions?

Also have a question about using it outside the US or Canada. Is it possible to program it (via download) for frequencies when traveling in other countries?

Thanks.

I would recommend the soft leather case https://www.scannermaster.com/PSR800_PRO18_GRE_Soft_Leather_Case_p/01-581687.htm if you will be carrying it with you a lot, due to the screen scratching easily.

The RS800 ant. is a good choice if you plan on monitoring a 800mhz system. (if your system is a 800mhz simulcast system, sometimes a less powerful ant. will perform better. though)

I would advise you to buy a separate charger, and charge your batteries outside the scanner. (Sanyo enloops perform well battery-wise)

As for the other countries, it depends on what types of systems they use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.