Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

any pro 95 accessories?
i listen to arcada / monrovia police and fire area. some other cities as well
any good cases or attenna/ speakers?
thnks
Landon

intrepid97

If you monitor 800 much you could get the RS 800 rubber duck which works very well.

landonjensen

sorry
im not that knowlegable about scanning things
ive only been scanning for about a year
rubber duck?

hoser147

Rubber duck is a small flexible antenna for scanners or 2way radios. one should have came with your pro 95. You can get a car adapter for the ciggarette lighter in your car from Radio shack. Also if you want an external speaker you will need one that is amplified due to the fact your earphone plug on the Pro95 only puts out 4db to protect your hearing with a earpiece type speaker hope I answered your ? s ................hoser147

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Note that the antenna in the link provided by W5JSS is an antenna specially designed for 800MHz monitoring. It's different than the one that was included with your scanner. If 800MHz is the band you listen to a lot, you might look into getting one.

VintageJon

I've read this twice and am confused about the subject of this thread. Are we talking Pro96 or Pro95 here?

It seems to start as 96 and becomes 95! They are two differnet machines!

confused as always,
Jon

CLB

I'd start off with 2-3 sets of rechargable batteries and a charger, an A/C cable and a cigarette lighter cable. There's TONS of antennas out there available from RS and other makers (personally I prefer the 800 mhz Radio Shack antenna and the Icom UHF/VHF flexible antenna) Also definately a 9 Pin to Stereo cable, and Win95.

I would also recommend this: http://www.davee.com/scanrec/ It's free, but you need a 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch stereo cable. Just plug one end into the scanner headphone jack and the other into your computer's line in jack. It'll record anything you want to listen to, only when the SQ is broken. I've grown to find it pretty handy lately.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
VintageJon said:
I've read this twice and am confused about the subject of this thread. Are we talking Pro96 or Pro95 here?

It seems to start as 96 and becomes 95! They are two differnet machines!

confused as always,
Jon

Jon, maybe I am the confused one, but I don't see 96 mentioned in the title or any of the posts? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.