Accidents on Interstate in Columbia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I know that most truckers are not bad drivers, as they do it for a living and should be about the best drivers on the road, but you have to wonder sometimes, and worry about them around these sharp curves, had a trucker flip on I20 at I77 yesterday and one on I26 at the St. Andrews Rd Exit (MM107) today, this one was a pepsi truck, they had another back up behind it unloading all the pepsi's into it...

CLB

Had a truck/ car accident on N. Rhett right at I-526 exit 19 today. It seems like every morning there's either a wreck here or on I-26 at Ashley Phosphate Rd. 7:00 am on the dot. Never fails.

smokestack

Well.....im a truck driver. I go to charleston everyday and haul containers out of the port. I dont know what it is with all the turnovers other than driver error. They are going way to fast around the on ramps. But most of the time its the drivers in the cars. For some reason they think BIG truck BIG breaks and it doesnt work that way. Everyday i have someone in a car cut me off and slam on there breaks. Ive had sooo many close calls because of that its not even funny. But i know and i have seen it there are alot of truck drivers out there that shouldnt be driving.
And its that time of the year. Everyone is in a hurry to get home with the family.

kg4ekc

I was driving home from Tenn last weekend pulling a gooseneck trailer with my wife's new horse. I noticed this Van about at the Harbison Exit acting really crazy. I started to really watch for this fool to pull out an cut me off. I was really getting a bit worried about him. Just as I got through Mal-function Junction before the Lexington Hospital Exit that idiot came bounding around in the left lane and proceded to climb the retaining wall! All I could think about was how am I going to stop this rig without hitting this mess! He somehow came down and swerved all around and continued on. I could not believe it. My wife called 911 and got his license number and all. I stayed way behind him and hoped the Cops would get him before He killed someone. It became real obvous that he was drunk after he hit the retaining wall.

I understand how truck drivers get in accidents due to idiots pulling in front of them and stopping ect.

smokestack

That was crazy. I have seen alot of crazy stuff out on the roads. I couldnt count all the crazy wrecks ive seen. Glad you came out okay and didnt get caught up with a drunk driver.

smokestack

Here is a little driving advice that has saved my butt twice in the rain. Once in my big truck and once in my jeep. If your in the slow lane on the highway and its raining. All of a sudden everyone locks up the brakes go for the rumble strip on the right shoulder. If you get two tires on it sure makes a difference. If your locking the brakes hard it will pull to the right hard. But you will slow down alot faster. Just thought i would share that with you all. like i said its helped me twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.