Activate computer program when scanner detects tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightmicu

Is it possible to have a tone detection capable scanner like the Uniden BC346XTC activate a computer program when it detects tones?

Either directly or by way of a scanner interface program, I need to run a batch script when the scanner detects a call. Like Two Tone Detect but with the scanner doing the work of detecting the calls rather than software.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
If there is software that will monitor the scanner, and indicate when the FTO has been tripped, then it should be possible.

Sent via Tapatalk

nightmicu

So these scanners typically transmit some data in real time for events such as this? I know that they can be programmed via computer, just wondering if it's a two way deal - and, if so, how complex it would be to set up.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
So these scanners typically transmit some data in real time for events such as this? I know that they can be programmed via computer, just wondering if it's a two way deal - and, if so, how complex it would be to set up.

I don't know. I have not used any recent Uniden models. But if there is a mode, like on the GRE based models, where a data stream is provided by the scanner, and there is some flag for the FTO tones having triggered the radio, then software could do what you want.

Using TTD is going to be easier, most likely. If you are not wanting to have a regular PC or laptop on for this purpose, then use the Raspberry Pi version of TTD.

Sent via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.