• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Activate in Scan Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycc

Let me clarify.

If I setup a knob to scan some channels, how can I get the pager to activate (tone/vibrate) for a specific channel within the scan mode?

Thanks

CcSkyEye

Program in the tones you want it to alert on the frequency ( VHF/UHF) or talk group (digital) and as long as it isn't held up on another frequency or talk group it will alert when those tones are sent and decoded by your G5.

jeffycc

Here's the configuration:

Section 5: Zone / Channel Setting

Priority Scan

I've added my conventional channels I want to scan. I've assigned one of those channels as a priority channel.

Now will that priority channel activate if the tone is received. I've already setup the tones I'd like in the Group ID setting section.

Thanks

mdsxfire

EDBM

Priority Scan

I've added my conventional channels I want to scan. I've assigned one of those channels as a priority channel.

Now will that priority channel activate if the tone is received. I've already setup the tones I'd like in the Group ID setting section.

Thanks
Yes if you have programmed the tones into the profile

CcSkyEye

Priority Scan

Thanks

Yes, that should work as you want.

N6ML

I thought I read that you could scan up to 64 channels. Per post #2 above. Guess I was wrong. :(

Trunking TG-Scan will take up to 64 talkgroups. "Scanning" a P25 trunked system is very different from scanning conventional frequencies - in fact it's really not scanning at all, rather it monitors the trunking control data and will play traffic that shows up from any of the listed talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.