Activating and Deactivating all Fav lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2sqq

Over the past week I recall seeing a post where a user created almost 100 favorite lists. He wanted to know how to enable or disable several or all while editing the favorite list. Having to manually disable them, one by one, upon power up is a very time consuming process. He discovered in the Sentinel software that by going into EDIT PROFILE, highlighting all the favorite lists, and right clicking on the Monitor column, you can turn all on or off.

I tried this, changing all but one favorite list to “Monitor” off. After rebooting the 536 the Favorite list was all “ _”, not “*” (stars) that would indicate a disabled favorite list.

I’m new to the software and the radio. Would not the “dashes” indicate that those lists were not uploaded to the radio? If they were loaded, how can I reactivate from the keyboard?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like you might have accidentally also set "DOWNLOAD" to Off. No way to recover from the scanner, as the Favorites Lists are not there.

mitbr

The dash means the favorites list is not monitored the keyboard will not turn it on. You can go into menu on the radio set scan selection, select lists to monitor and turn them on one by one or select all lists on in the same menu or of course use sentinel.
Tim

wa2sqq

Nope ..

Sounds like you might have accidentally also set "DOWNLOAD" to Off. No way to recover from the scanner, as the Favorites Lists are not there.

Nope, Download was on.
So if I wanted to activate Fav List #4, I pressed "4" (Enter) - Nothing
Once I re-enabled "Monitor" the radio boots up with all Fav's enabled. I'd have to disable each one individually.

mitbr

You can enable or disable all your favorites list monitor status on the radio in the menu as I stated in my previous post.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ah, sorry, brain flatulence. Yes, it is in the scanner, but since you don't have it flagged to be monitored, you can't enable/disable it w/FLQKs. If that is what you want, then you need to go into the Quick Key Status tab on the Profile Editor and disable all the FLQKs (right click in the window and "Set All Off" to do it in one step). Then, leave them all with MONITOR turned ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.