Active Amateur Repeaters in Sarasota Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

elk2370bruce

A couple of times each year, I reside in the Nokomis/Venice Area. Up north, I am active on 144, 220, and 440 MHz club repeaters and serve as a County RACES/EMCOMM Coordinator. I have been privileged to be able to use the Venice Gardens repeater for IRLP purposes while in the area (my thanks!). I really have not heard a whole lot on the other published repeaters in Sarasota County area. Any suggestions as to where a visitor can join in?

AA4TX

Try here:

Repeater Listings from the FRC Database

A couple of times each year, I reside in the Nokomis/Venice Area. Up north, I am active on 144, 220, and 440 MHz club repeaters and serve as a County RACES/EMCOMM Coordinator. I have been privileged to be able to use the Venice Gardens repeater for IRLP purposes while in the area (my thanks!). I really have not heard a whole lot on the other published repeaters in Sarasota County area. Any suggestions as to where a visitor can join in?

AA4TX

Well happy New Year to you too!

First of all, this is not the ARRL repeater guide. And the list was updated this month.

Second of all, this listing is fairly accurate, at least for the Southwest Florida Area, including Sarasota. Since I live here, I use many of these repeaters on a daily basis. The community is quite welcoming to outsiders.

If you are having difficulty, perhaps being an outsider might not be the underlying issue!

CanesFan95

The Florida Repeater Council is about the best listing you're gonna find. The fact is, there just isn't much ham activity overall.

elk2370bruce

Here's what I have programmed : 442.050 + 100.0 Callsign. KB2WVY Before I get there, I always make prior contact to request use and IRLP access so as not to disrupt scheduled events and as simple courtesy.
I was told that the repeater is located just east of the Trail near Jacaranda and has an IRLP node of 4434. Found it several years ago in the FRC. The people that I've met there are pleasant people and fun to talk with. Very helpful when I had a family emergency several years ago.

Other then the SARA EMCOMM drill nights, I hear very little action on two or 440.

Eznuff575

Premium Subscriber
There are several repeaters in Sarsota, 146.730 pl 100, located west of I-75 off Fruitville Rd.( exit 210) antenna is at 500 feet. 147.390 pl 100, located east of I-75 off Fruitville Rd and this antenna is at 400 feet.
145.130 no pl is located at state route 681 and US 41 (just north of Venice). 146.91 is locate downtown Sarasota on top of Sarasota Memorial Hospital, and another linked repeater system is NI4CE 145.430 pl 100ans 442.950 pl 100 this repeater is located in eastern Manatee county with coverage to Lee County(to the south) that system has repeater located in Hillsborough County (tampa) an Pinellas County( St. Petersburg), Polk County, And Pasco County.

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing a new voice on the radio.

Doug
Sarasota, FL

elk2370bruce

Thanks for the help. I assume that the repeater at 681 and 41 is in the vacinity of the Fire Station tower.
I"ll be back for a while beginning 1/25 and will check/reprogram in the repeaters that you listed. I look forward to making some new friends in the area.
73 de KC2PBJ, Bruce

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I have to recommend the NI4CE system as well. 4-5 linked repeaters on UHF...you can drive and talk from all over several counties similar to what we have here in the NY/NJ area with KQ2H, W2NJR and N2ACF.

Here is a link to the coverage areas and frequencies:
West Central Florida Group, Inc - NI4CE Big Stick Repeater System

I wish they would put some links in the southeast Florida area. I see alot of P25 ham gear up and running which makes me smile, but would love to see a linked system from Miami/Dade all the way up I-95 to Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, etc.....

elk2370bruce

Thanks for the guidance. Gotta do some programming tonight! Kinda like the old 6 meter linked system along the Garden State Parkway that died (unfortunately) several years ago. There is a reference to 220. Worth bringing my Al;inco ht with me?

DODGEIT

The Sarasota Amateur Radio Association has a net each Monday night at 8PM on the 146.910 100hz tone repeater. Join in anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.