Active CB clubs in Central Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am running a Cobra LX with a Firestick on my apartments bacony 6 floors up about 25 yards from the intersection of I-4 & Rt. 436 in Seminole County, anybody use CB in the Central Florida area?

Tracker

I am in Miami running n old RS mobile, off an AC to 12 V converter n an Antron Solorocan bout 30 feet in the air......

haleve

Banned
Active CB Clubs In Central Florida

Or should I say "In Florida" period, thanks for replying, I was beginning to think I was the only one in the sunshine state with a cb rig, I see tons of trucks with cb antennas but I hear very little except the I-4 truckers at night on 19, I just replaced the Firestick with a 102" whip, getting a lot more stuff & some skip too, I hope more people respond, maybe we can get something going.

Tracker

What channel do you get the most chatter on? Round here I'd mostly 38......allot of Hispanics just talking...Spanish .mostly..on the lower channels, there are some English speaker, but aren't to friendly n only rapidity certain people...
They also run allot of power.....

EDIT: How's your transmit? You say that your picking up more, but have you talked with anyone? The truckers?

Last edited:

haleve

Banned
CB Radio In Florida

I get a lot of skip on 36-39, also 6 has a couple of high power stations blasting in from the nortcentral states, I get a lot of hispanic traffic from the Tampa Lakeland areas, Now that I replaced the firestick & tuned the 102" whip with the sets SWR/Cal feature everything sounds clearer, I had my wife go about a mile or so south & north on I-4 & she said my signal was clear as a bell, I usually talk to some of the 18 wheelers stopped at the Lake Mary rest area during late afternoon & early evening, very friendly.

spotbeams

CB in central Florida

Hi Haleve ,You are in a very good area to talk skip ! I lived near Edgewater and Lee rd about 15 years ago . I had a antron 99 and all kinds of radios and amps . When a cold from is on the way from the North West is the best time to try and talk skip in your area ! Go sideban if you can to get away from all the over powered radios in your area . Yes I know of many 5000 watt plus radio systems in that area . Many of the spanish radios you hear are MOBILES ! I worked off of John young parkway back then at a place called TRS . Transistor/Regulator/Alternator service . They would install custom multi Alts./4-10 alts- and battery systems to power these huge coil antennas and radio systems .Some of the spanish high power you hear and bleeds over is coming from south of Disney area .Osecola County . One other 7500 watt drunk is off of Lee rd . Fcc put him in jail years ago but I hear him. I am over 35 miles NE of you . For a unknown reason that area has strong skip at times ? My old Antron was only 40ft high and I talked all the time to Hurricane alley islands and to Canada like I was on the phone . Going to set one of my old systems up one day here near the town of Osteen Florida. Will help if I can .

Status
Not open for further replies.