• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Active Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am looking for a place where i can get a desktop that is active..i did a google for some...but the only ones i can find scroll back and forth, i am looking for ones like where the fish swim around and things like that....and not just scroll back and forth

anyone know where i can get one like this?

flyingwolf

Are you looking for an active desktop? Or a screensaver?

Remember, active desktops take a large chunk of system resources (for no reason really).

Many of the more advanced screensavers, can be used as active desktops.

flyingwolf

Ok.

Active desktop = On and moving while you are using your computer.

Screensaver = only on when you are away from your computer for a lenght of time or if started manually.

(and no longer needed with the newer monitors)

landonjensen

the new dell laptop had a screensaver with a man walking the moon / space shuttle in 3-d for its screensaver
its pretty cool

eyes00only

Premium Subscriber
How do you turn off the active desk top if it is not needed? The resourses on Windows ME decline quickly.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.