Active frequencies in Kingston ON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe549

What frequencies have the most activity in the Kingston area? I have been trying everything in the RRFDB that I can and the only things I can get are KFR and Modern Taxi. I am using Baofeng UV-82, listening only, so I am limited on what I can get. Are the listings in the database out of date? If so, can someone list what is active along with the necessary tones, offsets etc that I would need to program....

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
What frequencies have the most activity in the Kingston area? I have been trying everything in the RRFDB that I can and the only things I can get are KFR and Modern Taxi. I am using Baofeng UV-82, listening only, so I am limited on what I can get. Are the listings in the database out of date? If so, can someone list what is active along with the necessary tones, offsets etc that I would need to program....

Check out some of the province wide MOH, OPP frequencies in the database, conventional ones.

Joe549

Check out some of the province wide MOH, OPP frequencies in the database, conventional ones.

Can't seem to get onto trunked systems with these radios. If they can, I have no idea how to program them for such. I am still learning the basics of these things.

Why would you need offsets if you're only listening?

Not sure. Still learning how to work these, the more information the better,.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Can't seem to get onto trunked systems with these radios. If they can, I have no idea how to program them for such. I am still learning the basics of these things.

Not sure. Still learning how to work these, the more information the better,.

No, I am not giving you trunked frequencies, I mentioned conventional frequencies that the OPP and MOH use. Please search the database, find your "county" and you should see the province or at least region wide frequencies used by the OPP and MOH.

There are also air frequencies for your local airport and airspace for Toronto and Montreal.

Joe549

No, I am not giving you trunked frequencies, I mentioned conventional frequencies that the OPP and MOH use. Please search the database, find your "county" and you should see the province or at least region wide frequencies used by the OPP and MOH.

There are also air frequencies for your local airport and airspace for Toronto and Montreal.

So, I go to this page and using the frequencies listed for Kingston

036 (24) Kingston (KNGSTN) Frontenac 141.73500a 142.21500 142.42500 142.65000 143.01000 143.10000c 143.41500

I have got some activity on the two that are in bold. I have just the frequency programed and the CTCS set to off on both the receive and transmit side. Both have quite a bit of static and many times parts of the transmission are missed. Is there something I need to change/set in order to clear it up?

As for trunked systems, I can't get on them anyways. Nor can I get onto anything listed under the airport except for airport operations, and I have not heard anything on it.

VE3TMT

Premium Subscriber

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin

Your radio isn't capable of trunking, it's strictly a conventional, analog transceiver.

VE3TMT

Premium Subscriber
As for trunked systems, I can't get on them anyways. Nor can I get onto anything listed under the airport except for airport operations, and I have not heard anything on it.

Joe

Kingston airport tower is on 122.500 AM. The Baofeng will not do AM. You need at the very least on older analog scanner. This will allow you to at least hear the airport and fire department. A trunking scanner will allow you to hear Kingston Transit (I know, wow!) and the ambulances. A digital trunking scanner will get you the OPP. You will not be able to hear Kingston Police on anything as their transmissions are encrypted.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.