Active shooter DRILL @ Annapolis Mall this Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
"ANNAPOLIS - Anne Arundel County Police Department will hold an active shooter simulation training exercise early Sunday morning at Westfield Annapolis mall.

During the drill, from 6 to about 10 a.m., the mall will be closed to the public, including those who use the facility for walking, the mall security office said.

Participants will include a team of active-shooter trainers, the Annapolis Police Department and the county fire department.

County police said County Executive Laura Neuman and county Police Chief Kevin Davis also will be on hand.

Police will send out advisories leading up to and during the event via Reverse 911, Nixle messaging, Facebook and Twitter."

Active shooter drill to be held at Westfield Annapolis mall on Sunday - CapitalGazette.com: For The Record

It might make some interesting listening if you are up EARLY on Sunday morning...

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Police will most likely utilize one of the Zone 12 Tac Channels because they are encrypted.

Does anyone know if Annapolis PD has the capability to operate on the 12 (H, I J, K, etc.) talkgroups?

I wonder if this is a full scale exercise with Fire or just the tactical medics being utilized?

If it is a full response for fire (Engines, Medics, MAB, etc) then they will probably use Mike, Hotel, or India talkgroups.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Police:
11P Training (Trainers, Evaluators)
12J is Police Response

Fire:
Tac 8 Mike

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So did anyone monitor this evolution? How were the comms? I'm curious about the quality of in-building vs. on-street coverage at the mall.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
So did anyone monitor this evolution? How were the comms? I'm curious about the quality of in-building vs. on-street coverage at the mall.

All of the police was encrypted except for some chatter from the "Trainers" on the PD Training Channel.

There was minimal chatter on the fire side. They had a minimal response from fire, Company 40 units, QI officers, Safety 5, Battalion Chief, and the MAB (not sure if it actually made it on scene).

MCCU-1 and the Alarmers were also on scene.

I thought fire should have had a bigger response. Should have brought in FIB, Bomb Squad, and Hazmat 23, surrounding stations of the mall. Should have brought in Decon 30 for practice.

It was pretty "boring" since police was on a secure channel.

What I am curious is does Annapolis PD have the capability to operate on the Zone 12 tac channels? I think they might have utilized spare portables but not positive. Didn't notice any Annapolis radio ids on unitrunker.

Status
Not open for further replies.