"Active Shooter" Irwindale/Baldwin Park PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rananthony04

In the area of Rivergrade Rd. and Commerce Dr. at the So.Cal Edison building. One shooter, described as a male black with a pistol. Unconfirmed reports of multiple victims. Irwindale & BP PD already searching buildings. Azusa, El Monte, LASO San Dimas and West Covina PD on scene to help with perimeter.

Command post at Brooks and Rivergrade.

Comms: Irwindale PD 460.2500 & Baldwin Park PD 506.1750
Sheriff's airship and Air 44 overhead.

UPDATE: The shooter is dead with a self inflicted gsw.

Comms moved over to Mutual Aid 3 483.7875

I should add that police know who the gunman was. They mentioned his name over the air as this was unfolding.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Baldwin Park PD Captain confirmed that the shooter is dead but no other deaths confirmed. NBC 4 reports at least 3 dead?

Last edited:

sparkdawg2002

I've been posting update on this incident (LA County Fire: "River IC") on my FB page. There are conflicting reports from various media coming out about number of fatalities and wounded from both Irwindale Police and assisting agency Baldwin Park Police. Press conference should be upcoming...

Last edited:

sparkdawg2002

Just now: Per KCAL9 News, 5 shot, 3 fatalities including the gunman. SWAT/PD still clearing offices. LACo. Copter-12 airlift one victim to USC at around 15:35...

sparkdawg2002

(4:35PM) Another Victim Being Transported: Per scanner traffic, there is a "Still Alarm" (happened on scene) for a victim having a heart-related medical emergency and will be transported via ground ambulance...

sparkdawg2002

LACoFD Paramedic Squad 29, who was one of the first on scene to treat gunshot victims in the "River IC" incident is now responding to a gunshot victim about a mile away near the area of BP Blvd x/Ramona Blvd. This shooting victim is unrelated to "River IC" and is most likely gang-related, a somewhat frequent occurrence in Baldwin Park...

Anyway, now I'm really out. Stay safe and happy scanning!

-RF

Code20Photog

Premium Subscriber
I've been out covering the SCE shooting since the beginning, and what has been lost is the amazing courage the initial responding officers displayed. I was having a conversation with one of the Irwindale PD officers yesterday, he was off-duty but was called in to cover the city, and he had talked to his colleagues who were first on-scene.

Put yourself in that scenario, running into a building with an active shooter while hundreds of people are running out. He was telling me just how scary it was for the first teams of officers to go in, having to clear nearly 100 cubicles one by one, not knowing what they might find, if anyone was waiting to ambush them.

The guy I was talking to was telling me that it was nearly identical to the training they had gone through, and as much as the first officers responding were nervous and their hearts were racing, they fell back on their training and went through it exactly as they were supposed to.

An amazing job by the officers who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.