Adams Co & Denver chase at 4AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thayne

Only good thing was they got the bad guy after he started shooting; Bad thing was the 2 agencies could not communicate very well even after trying to go to Blue NW.
I surmise if 2 encrypted agencies both try using a state interop channel that the resulting patch would be unencrypted, but if so it did not workie so good!
Is there anyone out there that can explain how it should work?
Since I have gotten so old and don't care so much because most everything is garbled whether intentionally or by dint of poor engineering----

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I just listened to the Blue NW audio and everything was clear until until the suspect was shot. It seems folks were having coverage issues causing their handheld radios do go digital.

It worked just like you said, if an encrypted TG gets patched to a non-encrypted TG, all the audio on the non-encrypted TG, in this case, Blue NW was in the clear. Encryption didn't cause any coverage issues. Hand held radios assocaited with a site that provided poor coverage in the area was the issue.

Thayne

Sounds logical, I was half asleep when Adams was on metro net and the increase in chatter woke me up enough to get up and turn on another radio to hear all the interop.
It makes sense that a 12 watt handheld wouldn't get out like a 30W mobile with a nice rooftop antenna. It was so garbled I couldn't tell if Denver was better than Adams but obviously they didn't play well together. I havn't thought much about how it is done.. but probably the adams radios had to go through their own system--they were pretty far away from the Adams repeaters.
Too bad that perp started shooting; usually nobody cares to chase em down if they just stole a car--too often some innocent person just driving home from work gets smooshed--and the bulls get grief because they were just doing their job. (Sometimes chases are fun, IMHO)

Did you ever work at a radio shack on Arapahoe road many years ago? If so I bought a RS branded GRE from you once--

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I did work at the shack for many years. I wonder where all the scanners ended up I sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.