Adams Co E911 District LTR Passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbrane

Trying to import this system with Win500 from RR. I am getting an error saying it is incorrect. When I import, it is not importing any frequencies.

Not familiar with the system or area at all. Trying to program it for a trip.

Any suggestions from locals?

SCPD

QRT
Adams Co. 911

Don't know why your software isn't getting this one right. But, I would suggest manually programming the freqs. This system is pretty active for Natchez PD & FD. With a good mobile antenna, you can monitor this system easily 30-40 miles from Nathez, Miss. Since it is an LTR Passport, be sure to turn the delay setting off on each freq inputted manually. On the newer scanners, the system can be monitored with little trouble. However, on older radios, may lock up on various freqs even when they're not actively x'mitting so it's very important to turn off delay settings.

djbrane

Don't know why your software isn't getting this one right. But, I would suggest manually programming the freqs. This system is pretty active for Natchez PD & FD. With a good mobile antenna, you can monitor this system easily 30-40 miles from Nathez, Miss. Since it is an LTR Passport, be sure to turn the delay setting off on each freq inputted manually. On the newer scanners, the system can be monitored with little trouble. However, on older radios, may lock up on various freqs even when they're not actively x'mitting so it's very important to turn off delay settings.

The error was something with the LCN.
It has 3 sites, do I have to enter them seperately as 3 different systems? I think that was also part of the error.

SCPD

QRT
Adams 911

Yea, try entering them as separate, that should work. But, you are aware that that there are no scanners on the market that trunk an LTR Passport system? It's really only important that you enter the freqs. to monitor the system. It doesn't need to be set up for trunking.

SCPD

QRT
The way I monitor that system is to simply program all the freqs. sequentially in a separate non-trunking bank.
Works fine that way.

djbrane

The way I monitor that system is to simply program all the freqs. sequentially in a separate non-trunking bank.
Works fine that way.

Ahhh...well, there's my answer. I didn't know it could not be monitored by any scanner.

SCPD

QRT
Good news, using that radio, you'll be able to monitor the Adams 911 just by simply programming in all freqs in a bank. I have the Radio Shack version of that scanner and it works just fine on that system, just be sure to disable delay on each freq and it will work just fine. Nothing else will be required to monitor.
Best regards and safe travels!

djbrane

Good news, using that radio, you'll be able to monitor the Adams 911 just by simply programming in all freqs in a bank. I have the Radio Shack version of that scanner and it works just fine on that system, just be sure to disable delay on each freq and it will work just fine. Nothing else will be required to monitor.
Best regards and safe travels!

One more question and I think I am done. Do I also program in the Control Channels? Or are they the same as other systems control channels and will have a constant "buzz" to them?

SCPD

QRT
Yes program the control channels, because they actually x'mit voice on the control channels and there is no continual buzz or motorboating sound as some call it. Main thing, make sure there are no delay settings on any of the freqs.

djbrane

Yes program the control channels, because they actually x'mit voice on the control channels and there is no continual buzz or motorboating sound as some call it. Main thing, make sure there are no delay settings on any of the freqs.

Sorry for all the confusion and thank you for all the help

SCPD

QRT
No prob, hope you enjoy your scanning down in this neck of the woods.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
ALL Freqs are controls and all freqs are voice on LTR systems. The control is done vias sub audible data bursts. On Passport Systems these data bursts occur every two or so seconds. This makes trying to Trunk Scan them impossible even using standard LTR capable scanners. There are several tricks for monitoring them. The best trick on the PRO-96/2096 is to program the freqs as MO but the bank as not trunked. No delays on any of the repeaters. This cuts the data bursts almost in half. Remember that since you can't trunk scan it, you have to conventionally scan it. The system is used BY NPD, NFD, ACVFD's, NDPW, NTRAN, some ACSO, but the majority of the SO traffic is on the UHF/VHF conventional repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.