Adams County Help (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeKP

I'm really having trouble trying to figure this out. My RSSI for Adams County is between -45 to -60. no problems with signal. But my error rate is between 20-50. I've tried the filters with no real joy, but I have to add that I couldn't even pick up Adams County until the last update. I can walk to my mail box and it comes in great (50' from my house) I'm using a Remtronix and a Yagi cut for the correct freqs. I am baffled by the error rate - which of course kills the reception. Any suggestions on what I can do to reduce the errors?

Thanks,
Keith

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
lets start by telling us where you live first off.

secondly is your antenna installed outside and what kind is it.?

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Unless you have some really bad location for signal propagation, I'm gonna say it's multipath. Move all around the house and try to find a sweet spot. My sweet spot was only about an inch wide so if you move just a smidgen, it'll be a no go.

W3DMV

Sounds like multipath. The three closest towers are East Berlin, York Springs, and Boiling Springs.
There a total of 21 towers in the county which makes it tuff. Many of these sites are mountain top
locations.
I live in downtown Gettysburg, three blocks from the Court House site and have shorted jumpers
on my scanners for antennas. That works ok for me. You sure don’t meed a out door antenna. Try
the old paper clip trick and see how it works... Good luck

DeKP

I live outside of Dillsburg on Albert Lane. To my South I'm blocked by a mountain which is the top of my road. I have a ton of trees in the area as well. I have a Wilson Yagi 700-894 mhz oriented towards the the York Count tower at the Carrol Twp Bldg (?) It sounds like multipath as well. I guess I give the paper clip a try. Can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.