Adams County Triple Fatal, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DATE: 8-9-08
TIME: 7:45 A.M.
On 8-9-08 at approximately 1:32 A.M. Troopers responded to the northbound
I-25 off ramp at the intersection of 58th Ave.

A blue 2004 Subaru Impreza was traveling northbound on the ramp from I-25 to 58th avenue at a high rate of speed. The vehicle struck a raised island on the southeast side of the intersection and became airborne for a short distance. The vehicle then struck the raised center median that separated the east and westbound lanes of 58th avenue just east of I-25 and became airborne again for a short distance. The vehicle then struck the concrete barrier/ wall on the north side of 58th avenue and became airborne, traveling over the barrier. The Subaru rolled while it was in the air, while partially in contact with the top of the barrier and then struck a highway sign. The vehicle then made impact with the ground north of 58th avenue and stuck a wood fence while rolling and came to rest on its top just north of the wood fence facing in an easterly manner.

The restrained driver has been identified as a 22 year old male of Westminster, CO. The driver sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene by the Adams County Coroner.
A restrained male passenger has been identified as a 19 year old male of Broomfield, CO. The passenger sustained serious injuries and was transported by ambulance to Denver Health.
A restrained passenger has been identified as a 22 year old female of Broomfield, CO. The female passenger sustained fatal injuries and was also pronounced dead on the scene.
A restrained passenger has been identified as an 18 year old female of Broomfield, CO. The female passenger sustained fatal injuries and was also pronounced dead on the scene.

Alcohol and speed are suspected as contributing factors.

The names of the individuals involved have been withheld due to next of kin notifications.

More information will be released as it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.