Adams County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcritter

Ok so I haven't been here much at all in the last year nor have I turned on my scanner in the last six months.

What has happened to Adams county/Fed Heights/Broomfield/etc?

Have they gone somewhere that my digital scanner can no longer pick up on?

I tried doing a search for Adams County on the forums but not really any help.

Thanks

Thayne

Check the database against what you have programmed in your radio, rebanding probably happened since you set it up.

funcritter

Thanks. I'm not having much luck on locating the new freqs in the database. All I have found is 853.85000 for Squaw Mountain. I can't find Golden, Adams County and Bennet.

funcritter

I figured it out. I read in another thread about using Lookout Mtn simulcast freq 853.7750.

It's working fine.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
For Adams County agencies and Broomfield you are better off using Thorodin Mtn 853.975. Everything thornton is blocked on Lookout and Squaw mtn.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone actually have much luck monitoring that simucast 700MHz system? I have it in a PSR-500 and 396 and 996 and limited to no luck most of the time it's mostly broken up, digital and I can hear the Adams County agencies much better on the other options such as Mtn Thordin.

Jim<

Last edited:

scanlist

Unfortunately P25 Simulcast systems have been problematic to all digital scanner models.

Think about how awful Denver and Aurora sound in analog when you start getting in their signal fringes. As touchy as digital is being under one of the towers probably would be ideal for monitoring a P25 simulcast system.

jfab

Anyone actually have much luck monitoring that simucast 700MHz system? I have it in a PSR-500 and 396 and 996 and limited to no luck most of the time it's mostly broken up, digital and I can hear the Adams County agencies much better on the other options such as Mtn Thorodin.

Jim<
The Adams simulcast site is the only 700mhz site I have programmed in and it works great. Granted I am in Broomfield, it works wonders for Weld, Adams, and Broomfield counties. However, I mainly use Thordin for my 800mhz system.

jfab

I don't have a 700 MHZ scanner yet. Anyone know if Radio Shack will eventually make one?
Where can I get one?
The Uniden 396/996 does great for 700mhz. However if you are looking more towards Radio Shack, the GRE PSR 500/600, from what i hear, is a great scanner all around. It does 700mhz, as well as tracks ESK. Which will come in handy in the near future.

Hope that helps some!

scanlist

I don't have a 700 MHZ scanner yet. Anyone know if Radio Shack will eventually make one?
Where can I get one?

People's perception of needing the latest and greatest toy amazes me.

First ask yourself do you really need one? Personally I hear everything Adams county with 800 only plus my neighborhood is 800 only.

If you need Lakewood, Wheatridge and/or Denver in the immediate future then the PSR-500/600 is the only ticket currently otherwise wait and everybody will catch up on the ESK tracking bandwagon.

RadioShack allegedly will have the successor to the PRO-96/2096 sometime in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. Thinking PSR-500/600.

funcritter

People's perception of needing the latest and greatest toy amazes me.

First ask yourself do you really need one? Personally I hear everything Adams county with 800 only plus my neighborhood is 800 only.

Does it really matter why someone wants something? If I want to spend the money on it then I will.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
scanlist said:
RadioShack allegedly will have the successor to the PRO-96/2096 sometime in the late 3rd or early 4th quarter. Thinking PSR-500/600.

The Pro-106 is on its way like Phil said. Its the same exact radio as the PSR-500! :cool:

scanlist

Does it really matter why someone wants something? If I want to spend the money on it then I will.

Just posting food for though for those sitting on the fence reading the thread to think about.

$500+ every time a new radio comes out is a lot of money for these toys.

scanlist

I would hope they would keep it at the same price point as the 500. Though you have to wonder when their marketing geniuses sell Uniden scanners at $100 higher than the street price. (And people actually pay it!)

Hopefully there will be a "product introduction" sale price shortly after the radios make it to the stores.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Don't know for sure.... But I am sure it will be at the same price point. I hope we do a friends and family discount again ;-)

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
The Adams simulcast site is the only 700mhz site I have programmed in and it works great. Granted I am in Broomfield, it works wonders for Weld, Adams, and Broomfield counties. However, I mainly use Thordin for my 800mhz system.

I also listen to it often when I'm within Adams County. It has its "moments" but I concur about the coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.