Adams County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyd1018

Hello, i live is natchez, Ms and was wondering if there was anyone in my area that is fixing to host for this area? I am fixing to purchase the new bcd996xt and was thinking of doing so! I am pretty green when it comes to this, so i have alot to learn!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If you do put up a feed for Natchez.. try to be sure to set up your scanner so the LTR Passport data bursts are not to bad. You can also feed the MSWIN, and LWIN from Natchez, as well as the surrounding areas conventional. There is a LOT of good listening in Natchez. You can also cleanly pick up Jefferson, Wilkinson, and other surrounding Counties, as well as Concordia Parish. Welcome to the boards, and to a great hobby! Also welcome from an former Mississippian!

KE5TLF

Welcome, and glad to have you aboard.

For starters you can look here to see what counties have live feeds in them. You'll notice your area is a prime candidate for a live feed. :)
Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Then there is this forum for learning some of the ins and outs of providing a feed.
Live Audio Administration - The RadioReference.com Forums

The next step will be determining exactly what agencies to provide. A feed is more about quality than quantity of course. Better to have a select few high traffic channels than trying to provide everything you are able to receive.

Hope that helps to get you started in the right direction. :)

bobbyd1018

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I started with my first cb in 86 and have grown to many radios and ham radio's and have put up a 100 foot tower with a 7 element maco beam,i use t ohave a website call the world wide cb radio forum (cdx club) and turned it over to my moderator after i had children, i got out of the communications hobby in about 2004 untill now! I will be putting up a nice outdoor scanner antenna on top of a tower with the bdc996xt, i will be getting all the software needed to make my job that much better! I do alot of research whenever i buy any radio equipment so that i know its done right the first time! Looking forward to getting started again!

Status
Not open for further replies.