Adams County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insulator

And here is the next $64,000 question. Who is next, and I would like to see data regarding that crime rates have dropped since agencies went secret snoop. Us folks will probably never know it as they will probably manipulate the numbers to support the big E.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
And here is the next $64,000 question. Who is next, and I would like to see data regarding that crime rates have dropped since agencies went secret snoop. Us folks will probably never know it as they will probably manipulate the numbers to support the big E.

Crime rates have not dropped. Thus one could make the argument that bad guys aren't using scanners to get away with crimes. My local agency says crime has increased since switching to encryption because they have more call that require a 2 officer response leaving less officers available to patrol.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It was a year ago today that Denver went dark.

A year later most all L.E. in the Metro area joined the club.

At least DFD decided to resume the Dispatch TG patch on the VHF vocalarm channel.

Wheatridge decided they have nothing to hide and remain in the clear.

ADCOM moving this direction is not surprising.

Fortunately Fire/EMS comms do provide plenty of information when anything major is occurring.
so we still have some information on what is happening albeit making for checking to see if the
radio is working with long quiet stretches.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
I too would like to see "BIG E" and the effect (or lack there of) on crime figures. I won't hold my breath, largely with the current social and public health issues throwing the proverbial monkey wrench into just about all aspects of life these days.

It will be interesting to see how the push for more transparency with regards to law enforcement agencies affects the usage of encryption. I suspect it won't and we'll see the trend towards it continue and in some cases accelerate.

aplycon

I used to listen to ACSO on the broadcastify Adams county feed. Just noticed this in their info section:

Adams County Law Enforcement

This is a mono feed of the Adams County metro-Denver Law Enforcement TalkGroups from the Front Range Communications Consortium (FRCC) trunked radio system.

Status: As of Monday 9/28/2020 Adams County Sheriff has encrypted their communications. What you are hearing are other metro Denver Adams County law enforcement agencies. Kurt

Details provided by the provider of this feed (on their feed's page on Broadcastify.com):

The Adams County Law Enforcement feed is being provided by a Uniden BCD396XT radio scanning the following law enforcement Talkgroups on the Front Range Communications Consortium (FRCC) P25 system: Brighton PD, Commerce City PD, Federal Heights PD and Northglenn PD. (Adams County Sheriff, Broomfield PD and Thornton PD communications are all now encrypted).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions (either via a "Report a Problem" message or directly at kurt.swaney@icloud.com). Thank you, Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.