Adams/York County Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

cberk01964

Just wonder if there is anyone close by New Oxford / Hanover / Gettysburg that would be interested in sharing some insight on the hobby? I live in New Oxford. I'm new to this scanning buisness and could use some tips. Antennas, trunking, digital, etc,etc.Thanks

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Welcome aboard! York county is currently building a 500 MHz digital P-25 trunking system. Adams county is also building a digital P-25 system in the 800 Mhz range. Unknown if it online yet. So if you're monitoring York or Adams, you'll need to have a digital scanner soon if you want to receive anything. From that location, you probably will also be able to receive the analog conventional frequency for the PA turnpike 159.045. Also depending on where you are, you may be able to pick up Harford and Baltimore County, MD. Baltimore is an analog trunking system in the 800 MHz range, and Harford is a digital trunking system in the 800 range. Enjoy!

Last edited:

ctrabs74

Don't forget about Carroll County, which has a Moto Type II analog TRS.

York County's TRS is very close to going online; I've heard nothing recent about Adams County.

Status
Not open for further replies.