Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

walld13

i need and usb and 232 adapter for my new laptop
all so i need to tell trunker it will be on a usb instead of a com port how do u do that
i am runing xp. Has any got trunker 3.8.3 to work on windos 7 yet.
Any help would be aperaited.

Highpockets

i need and usb and 232 adapter for my new laptop
all so i need to tell trunker it will be on a usb instead of a com port how do u do that
i am runing xp. Has any got trunker 3.8.3 to work on windos 7 yet.
Any help would be aperaited.

Wouldn't the USB be assigned a com port number? Check in the device manager, it should tell you there.

Mdfenley

Premium Subscriber
It will be assigned a port #

When you install the usb serial port adapter, it will ask where to load the driver from. Once it is done with that, if you open up the hardware manager, it will show it as a com port. If you click on it, it will show you which # it has been assigned, and you can change it if you want it to be another one. For example, on my laptop, when I plug in the usb serial port adapter, it shows up as com 4. I can then change it to com 1, which is the default com port for most applications.

Hope this helps..

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Usb 2 rs 232

When you install the usb serial port adapter, it will ask where to load the driver from. Once it is done with that, if you open up the hardware manager, it will show it as a com port. If you click on it, it will show you which # it has been assigned, and you can change it if you want it to be another one. For example, on my laptop, when I plug in the usb serial port adapter, it shows up as com 4. I can then change it to com 1, which is the default com port for most applications.

Hope this helps..

On my DELL Laptop, my USB-RS232 does NOT show up in Device manager. Device Manager only shows COM 1 and LPT 1. The COMM Ports are there cause I use them, one is COM 6 which I use for one of my feeds and the other (the USB-1 cable) defaults to COM 8. Don't know why it works that way on this WIn XP computer but it does. Oh and I use COM 1 for the other feed. Basically, I use COM 1 and 6 for FEEDING tag info and COM 8 for programming. Just to let folks know that these USB-232 cables don't always show up in DIVEICE manager.

KC9LVX

Status
Not open for further replies.