• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ADC/ADOT Xts1500s/2500s floating around

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Lately I've seen allot of surplus going around of BN, and AN XTS portables.

Mostly the 2500s, and 1500s. Interesting is most seem to have been killed/stunned as a local ham operator brought me some today to look at he had purchased on public surplus recently.

Most seem to have been simply stunned, killed for the most part. He has about 70 radios that are all killed/stunned. They look brand new mint condition. He showed me his bill of sale requisition forms from the auction since I had asked.

A few others were modified inside solder placed anywhere crossing connections to parts torn of the rf boards which appears purposely done.

A couple I got running and they were not stunned but they have full intact codeplugs of the data.

Has anyone else seen this where they remove the housing and solder anything together to decommission? I never have. I have seen holes drilled but the time it takes to remove components from the rf board or solder them together it would be easier to just drill a hole.

Most however are stunned or killed in his lot, some having the eprom purposely removed.

Thought I'd let others know as a buyer beware since it seems they are also hitting fleabay and if anyone has seen this before.

Seems they go out of the way to disassemble alter then assemble to throw them to the auction block.

I have seen the inhibit kill used before on surplus simply due to fact they didn't want anyone programming a unit back up or be bothered writing a blank codeplug or it all went to a central location where it was easier to send a kill to the radio as no original was available.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
If I recall correctly, if you supply the bill of sale to Motorola they will happily un-kill a radio for you (of course you have to pay to send it to depot).

SCPD

QRT
I told him that but he seemed hesitant as he was informed of the cost per unit. While most looked gem they are currently nice door stops. He said he wasn't too sure how he was going to go about it yet.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
They were not stunned..They were intentionally bricked with a faulty codeplug before sale.. They were being sold as scrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.