Add a group to Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Your question doesn't really make much sense out of context. What exactly are you looking to achieve?

The generic answer is that you cannot add a "patch"; that is done on the system itself.

If talkgroup 4368 is an active talkgroup, it should already be in Unitrunker.

deboe

In your system 5N is not on the same system as 5G/5H.
5N is on the county wide cell, so the control channel you have unitrunker set for will not see any traffic for 5N.

I think you can have untrunker monitor 2 systems at the same time, that is if you can recive the county wide cell from your location.

5N is on the county wide cell, so the control channel you have unitrunker set for will not see any traffic for 5N.

I think you can have untrunker monitor 2 systems at the same time, that is if you can recive the county wide cell from your location.

Thank you! this is very helpful, and I now understand why I could not hear 5G after hearing 5H say they were going to patch or move the conversation over to 5N.

Thank you sir!

usswood

Looks like they are all apart of the same system... only thing is what tower you are listening to... If they go to 5N and your not hearing them, then they are on a tower your not monitoring is all. Depending on where the fire call is you might need to go to a different tower to hear the 5N traffic. So you might need to have the North Tower programmed in also and have your scanner set to listen at all towers. Unitrunker can have multiple VFO's to monitor 2 or more towers at the same time if your using a dongle or two. One dongle will only work if the control channels are pretty close to each other on the different towers... If not just change to a different tower and you should find that Fire ground working channel... Hope this helps!

Last edited:

deboe

Yeah I used System the wrong way.
They are all the same system, but no talk-groups roam in this system. They are all locked to a cell (or two).

So for his example 5N that talk-group is only allowed in the county wide cell.
5G is only in the Laguna Cell, and 5H is in both the Laguna and South cell.

usswood

Yeah I used System the wrong way.
They are all the same system, but no talk-groups roam in this system. They are all locked to a cell (or two).

So for his example 5N that talk-group is only allowed in the county wide cell.
5G is only in the Laguna Cell, and 5H is in both the Laguna and South cell.

Ok... then it becomes a point where you would have to change to that tower to hear the traffic sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.