Add to WishList for SDS200 (firmware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WD6ABC

Premium Subscriber
If there is an update to the SDS200, would love the option to have the REPLAY play the last transmission first. (i.e. change order of Play)
Then when REPLAY button is hit, it plays the transmission that just finished.
In the present version, you have to scroll to the end to hear it. I would think most people would want to hear something that they Just Missed.

Thank you Uniden

John
www.remscan.com

WD6ABC

Premium Subscriber
No. Because hearing transmissions in reverse order makes zero sense.
So as your scanner is scanning, and you happened to miss a transmission, it's easier to go thru all the loaded recordings till you get to the last one, instead of it being the first one in the list? I guess to some that might make zero sense.

That would be like listening to all your oldest voicemails first before hearing the most recent. Wonder if they thought that out when it was done that way.

Maybe an option to which direction you prefer in the Set-up Menu.

John

kruser

Premium Subscriber
That would be like listening to all your oldest voicemails first before hearing the most recent. Wonder if they thought that out when it was done that way.

John

I always listen to my new voice messages oldest first. They called first before the most recent caller. The older calls should always be given priority over the most recent when it comes to voice mail. That's just common sense and courtesy.
If I pull into a drive through to get my prescriptions and newer people pull in after me, are you saying the newer people should get service before me? I'm the person who has been waiting the longest.

When I use the replay feature, using the scroll knob to quickly advance to the newest recording is super easy and fast, never been a problem.
As long as Uniden has had this replay feature, and as many users that own one or more of the models that have the feature, your comment would have been brought up years ago but I think you are the first to request it.

Ubbe

I would like to see Uniden using the scroll so it would loop around. There are several places where a looping scroll could be used. When listening to recorded files you start at the oldest one, but as mentioned you might like to start listening to the latest. Also when listening to a 100 bunch user recordings and you come to the last file and you would like to hear that again, the scanner asks if you like to listen again and starts with recording #1 and you have to scroll thru all recordings to reach that #100 again.

If the scroll function could loop you would only have to scroll backwards one step to go from #1 to #100. Also on the replay recordings you only scroll back one step to hear the latest recording. It's the same lack of loopback scroll at other places in the user interface that I believe would be super simple for Uniden to change in firmware, just a couple of lines of code that take 10 seconds to do at each function that uses the scroll. It's almost as if Uniden made this on purpose to make us wear out the scroll knob much faster so we have to send in the scanner to be repaired.

Some softwares even have configurable functions that lets the user select if he preferes to stop at the end or if it should go around and continue at the beginning.

/Ubbe

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I would like to see Uniden using the scroll so it would loop around.

/Ubbe

This I agree with!
It would be nice to be able to reverse or forward without hitting a hard Yes or No stop question like it is now when you finish listening to the last recording.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If there is an update to the SDS200, would love the option to have the REPLAY play the last transmission first. (i.e. change order of Play)
Then when REPLAY button is hit, it plays the transmission that just finished.
In the present version, you have to scroll to the end to hear it. I would think most people would want to hear something that they Just Missed.

Thank you Uniden

John
www.remscan.com

Turn the selector knob once to the left, and your wish has been granted.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Here's a firmware feature suggestion that actually makes sense:

When an encrypted transmission is received, resume scanning as soon as the use of encryption is detected. But leave the system and talkgroup info displayed on-screen while scanning for 5 seconds, or until another transmission is received, whichever comes first.

That eliminates the irritation of listening to encryption static and gobbledygook.

Encrypted traffic won't block the scanner from receiving clear traffic.

And those who are interested in tracking which channels are running encryption, and how much traffic they have, can do so by watching the scanner display, without having to run ProScan or whatever and analyze log files.

It's the best solution for everyone, and should be implemented on all the models.

Ubbe

Wouldn't the best solution be to have it user selectable, either skip the TG and continue scan, as it does now, or stay on the TG as a standard non-encrypted TG. It should always mute audio when encounter encrypted transmissions as it serves no purpose to listen to that. If the display doesn't show an ENC when receiving encrypted transmissions it should also do that as it does it in search mode. I would also like to see a RAS text on the display when that DMR system feature are detected.

/Ubbe

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I'd like the ability to have it ignore recording specific channels. i.e. if I don't want to record a specific channel, I can turn it off, without having to globally disable recording.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
My only ask so far (just got the SDS100/200 both in the last few months) would be to have Discovery set to longer than 600 seconds (10 minutes) - I literally had one agency where two officers were talking back and forth for that long in a 30 minute period (waiting or staging for something, so they were just using it as a chat channel), and I missed the business of the channel because it stopped recording that channel. Either longer lengths, and/or a "record all" would be nice.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Wouldn't the best solution be to have it user selectable, either skip the TG and continue scan, as it does now, or stay on the TG as a standard non-encrypted TG.
If you're not going to listen to the noise, there's no benefit to hanging the scanner on the encryption and missing other traffic.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
Being able to see how much encryption is around me would be a good tool. Showing it on the screen for 5 seconds would also be nice. Having an option to turn it on or off or save is also a good idea. I am sometimes curious how much encryption is used when I'm tripping up on the mainland and don't have access to ProScan.

Ubbe

If you're not going to listen to the noise, there's no benefit to hanging the scanner on the encryption and missing other traffic.
The reason to stay on an encrypted call are to do traffic analyze. Some of us actually do that sort of things. Uniden also has a function that when encryption are detected it disables all delays and immediatly leaves the system. If it stayed on the site you could listen to its next call if it was a mixed system and that call was not encrypted.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
And that's why I suggested leaving the encrypted call info on screen for 5 seconds while resuming scanning. You can monitor encrypted traffic patterns without tying up the scanner and missing clear traffic.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else tried to revert back to the beta firmware versions UPMan used to send out? I had a few common talkgroups recently went from Phase 1 to Phase 2 and noticed a little quirky behavior. While watching the display, noticed the Phase 2 talkgroups were "skipping" as if it was encrypted which it wasn't. Wondered if this was some sort of false decoding or some other anomaly? I looked back in my WinZip file and noticed some of the older beta versions that I never deleted, and decided to tinker around a bit.

I've gone back to V1.08.05/1.02.01 (current sub firmware) a couple days ago and so far the issue has not been occurring. In addition, noticed some audio changes for the better on my analog/AM bands too. Phase 2 UID decode still is and has been problematic since x36hp series and wasn't expecting a miracle. Sometimes what old is new again..

**I attempted to attach the zip file but it's too large before anyone asks***

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Another suggestion:
Make Delay and the digital / analog AGC settings global like the Filter setting, and have the database defaults be global, rather than hardcoded to 2 seconds and OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.