DSDPlus Adding a delay to a P25 system

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
I monitor a P25 Phase 1 system in my state that has 1 control channel, a secondary control channel & 6 other freqs, is there a way to add a delay to it like you can a regular scanner so it holds on a call for a couple seconds? I read in the notes for DSDPlus with fastlane (which is what im using) that I can create a FMP24.ScanList file and add "DELAY=<num>" to it to have it hold for a set amount of time but If im reading it right, this is for scanning for new channels. I tried adding the 'DELAY=2' to the FMP24.cfg file which didnt work and I tried adding it to the 1R.bat file and it didnt work either.
the freqs are
853.2625 CC
852.950 SCC

thanks for reading

maus92

Premium Subscriber
If I am understanding you correctly, you want the program to hold on a talk group for a few seconds after the transmission ends?

Edit: @dave3825 says below, perhaps setting up a priority is a way to achieve what you want.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Fmp24.scanlist is for scanning conventional freqs. While you could easily enter all the voice freqs from a trunked system into the scanlist and set a delay, that would only delay the freq from going back to scanning the rest of the freqs. It would not delay the talk group activity which can span across multiple voice freqs.

As far as I know, there is no way to set a delay on trunked talkgroups. If you happen to be at the pc at the time of a call of interest, you can hold on a tg, but you have to be quick to set that.

If you're looking for a way to listen to whole conversations on certain talk groups, look at priorities and or monitoring threshold settings in the notes.txt.

Or you can download Universal Scanner Audio Player which will import recorded audio from DSDPlus (and other programs) and allow you to filter and play back items of interest. Only drawback is the program will not automatically keep importing which would let you listen close to live. It's more of a record now and play back later kind of thing.

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I do have a few of my fav's set to 40 and a couple of the SWAT channels set to HIGH Priority. I was hoping there was a way to delay specific talk groups or channels like you can a regular scanner. Maybe itll be in the next DSD update if there is one

CanesFan95

Probably not anytime soon. I've been wishing for a scan/search resume delay for years.