Adding A New Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfleser

Premium Subscriber
I just got a scanner for a co worker and I am programming it for him, we live in the same county but he lives in a little different area and I believe he can pick up a different MPSCS tower site that I can't (not as clearly anyway). I am using a BCD396XT and Freescan software. I downloaded all the frequencies from my scanner then tried to add the new site using EZgrab in Freescan. It added all the frequencies, but when I hold on a channel, it says Finding CTRL Channel and I don't hear anything. Am I missing something?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I just got a scanner for a co worker and I am programming it for him, we live in the same county but he lives in a little different area and I believe he can pick up a different MPSCS tower site that I can't (not as clearly anyway). I am using a BCD396XT and Freescan software. I downloaded all the frequencies from my scanner then tried to add the new site using EZgrab in Freescan. It added all the frequencies, but when I hold on a channel, it says Finding CTRL Channel and I don't hear anything. Am I missing something?

Could be possible that site(s) may be out of date or missing freq(s). What is the system you are trying to work with?

markfleser

Premium Subscriber
It's the Wayland site, I just got all the frequencies tonight from the Radio Reference database for MPSCS and all the talkgroups were for Barry County, the Same as the other sites. The only different data I'm seeing in Freescan is the APCO band plan data. In my other sites there's frequencies and spacing, for the new one there's nothing, but I don't know what to enter.

markfleser

Premium Subscriber
I think I may have figured it out, the control frequency was on the next line down and didn't realize it so I didn't copy it the first time.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
It's the Wayland site, I just got all the frequencies tonight from the Radio Reference database for MPSCS and all the talkgroups were for Barry County, the Same as the other sites. The only different data I'm seeing in Freescan is the APCO band plan data. In my other sites there's frequencies and spacing, for the new one there's nothing, but I don't know what to enter.

band plan data you don't need to do anything to it. Since the system is Phase l. Try to program the freqs in the Freescan with out downloading it from RRDB. Than again you might be too far for the one site you are having problems with. If no signal it will say finding Control Channel.

markfleser

Premium Subscriber
I just missed the control frequency because it was on the next line down and I didn't see it. I re-added the frequencies and it works fine. I get a decent signal from that site where I live so I added it to my scanner too.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I just missed the control frequency because it was on the next line down and I didn't see it. I re-added the frequencies and it works fine. I get a decent signal from that site where I live so I added it to my scanner too.

That's good you got it working again

Status
Not open for further replies.