Adding an analog system to my 536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

I just got my 536HP today. I installed the latest Sentinel software and updated the firmware and database. I used the software to put my local P25 system into a favorites list. I "avoided" the stuff on the system I don't want to listen to. So far so good. Still have a lot to learn.

My Fire is dispatched on Analog 476.2875. This does not seem to be anywhere in my database. How can I add it manually? I have been unable to figure this out so far in either Sentinel or on the scanner.

A second question. At this time the Wifi dongle has no use? Is this true? Any idea when the Siren software will be available?

Thanks,

Roveer

Roveer

I just got my 536HP today. I installed the latest Sentinel software and updated the firmware and database. I used the software to put my local P25 system into a favorites list. I "avoided" the stuff on the system I don't want to listen to. So far so good. Still have a lot to learn.

My Fire is dispatched on Analog 476.2875. This does not seem to be anywhere in my database. How can I add it manually? I have been unable to figure this out so far in either Sentinel or on the scanner.

A second question. At this time the Wifi dongle has no use? Is this true? Any idea when the Siren software will be available?

Thanks,

Roveer

OK, I found the analog frequency in the database and added to my favorites list. Now I'm scanning everything I want including fire/ems dispatch.

Is there a good thread that explains how best to arrange the systems in my scanner? I don't seem to understand the quick keys...

At first I put my P25 system on quick key 0 and I also put my conventional system on 0 as well. Is this good or bad? I then went back and put the conventional system on 1. Is there any advantage to putting them on the same qk or should I make them seperate? Have to learn more about these features.

Roveer

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately there isn't a good thread on how to arrange things. That's because there are so many different ways of skinning that cat. The best thing is to tinker around and try different things to see what works best for you.

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. All of the voice communications for the fire system I listen to are a P25 system with the tone and voice paging on a conventional frequency. Here's how mine is configured:

Favorite List 01: Fire Department (has Favorite List Quick Key 01)
System 00: P25 Trunked Radio System (has System Quick Key 00)​
Department 00: Fire Talkgroups (has Department Quick Key 00)​
System 01: Conventional System (has System Quick Key 01)​
Department 00: Conventional Frequencies (has Department Quick Key 00)​

Status
Not open for further replies.