Adding Frequency to BCD436HP That Is not in Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

You aren't going to be able to understand the programming until you understand how the systems you're trying to monitor works. Learn how trunking works, and the manuals will start making a lot more sense.
I have attempted to make a Favorite for the Glendale Memorial Hospital. None of the frequencies are in the Database. Will it work with the frequencies missing in the Database? When I put it in my scanner and turn on the Favorite I get Scan Mode: Nothing to Scan. Is there something wrong with my file which I will attach or do I need to set something else on my scanner. Any help sure would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob.

Attachments

• Glen. Mem Hosp.zip
    318 bytes · Views: 12

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I looked at your posted file as well, and as u2brent commented, there is no data of any kind in that file, aka "nothing to scan".

BobFam

I tried looking at your hpe file, nothing appears to be in it.. IDK Highly doubt it will work..
Here's what my file looks like for one frequency. It is the same for each of the other 6 frequencies. How can I fix the GMH Favorite file. Can I use frequencies that are not in the Database? Bob.

gmh.jpg

u2brent

OAMPT
Here's what my file looks like for one frequency. It is the same for each of the other 6 frequencies. How can I fix the GMH Favorite file. Can I use frequencies that are not in the Database? Bob.

View attachment 78098
Yes, you can.
In the screen shot you provided.. You could click on the green plus button. (Just to the left of the red X)
This creates a new line in which you can add any channel and name and mode and tone and service type......

BobFam

Yes, you can.
In the screen shot you provided.. You could click on the green plus button. (Just to the left of the red X)
This creates a new line in which you can add any channel and name and mode and tone and service type......
Thanks. That's what I did as you can see there are 7 frequencies added. Each one has it's own line. None of these frequencies are in the Database. I found them by looking at the FCC License for the hospital. It will not work. Bob.

u2brent

OAMPT
Thanks. That's what I did as you can see there are 7 frequencies added. Each one has it's own line. None of these frequencies are in the Database. I found them by looking at the FCC License for the hospital. It will not work. Bob.
Ok (y) Please read the linked page (towards the bottom specifically} line begining "If you are programming everything in Sentinel first and sending it to the scanner"

u2brent

OAMPT
Don't give up...
Please, don't give up...
If you stick with it, You'll get the hang of it and be a pro.
One of these days your trials will pay off and everything will just click.. ;)
Then you'll feel much better about all the new stuff..
You won't dream of returning the radio (except to upgrade to an SDSxx) :LOL:
That is guaranteed. (y)

Last edited:

BobFam

Don't give up...
Please, don't give up...
If you stick with it, You'll get the hang of it and be a pro.
One of these days your trials will pay off and everything will just click.. ;)
Then you'll feel much better about all the new stuff..
You won't dream of returning the radio (except to upgrade to an SDSxx) :LOL:
That is guaranteed. (y)
I hope you are right.Right now I don't see it. Regards, Bob.

BobFam

I hope you are right.Right now I don't see it. Regards, Bob.
I just called Uniden Tech Support. They said it was NOT possible to add frequencies that were not in the Database and have the Favorites work. I guess I'll try and have them added. Bob.

u2brent

OAMPT
I just called Uniden Tech Support. They said it was NOT possible to add frequencies that were not in the Database and have the Favorites work. I guess I'll try and have them added. Bob.

You either didn't get your message across to the call-taker or they sadly misunderstood or are just plain wrong.

What do you want to add?
Give an FCC callsign or a list of frequencies you want added and how you want them labeled..
I'll make it myself and send it to you..

HPD style.

This has gone on long enough.. :rolleyes:

Where is @UnidenSupport you're needed here.. :cry:

BobFam

You either didn't get your message across to the call-taker or they sadly misunderstood or are just plain wrong.

What do you want to add?
Give an FCC callsign or a list of frequencies you want added and how you want them labeled..
I'll make it myself and send it to you..

HPD style.

This has gone on long enough.. :rolleyes:

Where is @UnidenSupport you're needed here.. :cry:
Thanks. I agree100%. I spoke to two Reps and asked specifically if I could add a Favorite with frequencies that were NOT in the Database and expect it to work. Both said they no you cannot. So much for Uniden Support!!!

The one Favorite I want is for the Glendale Memorial Hospital. The frequencies are called out in FCC License WQWN711 which can be Googled. They are:

The other is 482.050 for the Glendale Galleria Glendale Police sub-station. I already have a Glendale PD Favorite with it added and it does not scan.

I really do appreciate your help. Bob.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I would agree with u2brent.

Either whoever you talked to was totally clueless, or, more likely, misunderstood what you were wanting to do.

No, you cannot add individual frequencies, or a trunked system, to the main database in Sentinel. That is updated by Uniden on a weekly basis, and contains additions and/or corrections to the database based on submissions made by members of RadioReference during the previous week.

However, you can, at any time, add frequencies and/or any of the various trunked systems to a Favorites list, which then can be scanned, along with any other Favorites lists that you've created. You can also, along with the Favorites lists, scan the main database, or just Favorites lists (not the main database.

For frequencies, sites, and departments that you add to a Favorites list, you need to either include the location information on what you added, or, at least for that specific list, monitor it with location control turned off. Adding a channel or any other item, without also including location, means that the scanner treats it's locaion as zero degrees for both latitude and longitude. As that "location" is in the Atlantic Ocean, off the west coast of Africa, it would be treated as not in range if location control was used. You can use location control on the main database (actually, that s required when scanning the main database itself), but you can also scan Favorites lists, and set them individually to either use, or not use, location control. At any given time, I have a number of frequencies & systems, in Favorites lists, that are being scanned, that I created based on updated or new FCC license information. If I can confirm usage, then I can submit the information and, in due time, it will appear in one of the weekly updates to the database. Any number of other RadioReference members are doing the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.