BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Adding to a Favorites List BCD436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

opdave2001

Premium Subscriber
Brand new user here. Just took the scanner out of the box this afternoon. Didn't do anything with Sentinel software. Put in my zip code and started scanning, I'm not sure how but I managed to put my cities police dispatch into a favorites list and set quick key to 0. My question: If I stop on another frequency I want to monitor, is there a way I can immediately add it to that favorites list? Thanks.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
If I remember right you press the "e/yes" button and it'll ask you if you want to save it to a favorites list

BTW, I recommend going to Uniden's website and downloading the owner's manual, then save it to one of your cloud backups. It comes in handy to have it on your phone. I do it for all my radios

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
This is explained in the easier to read manual here

Add to Favorites List
While the channel is in the display, press E/yes.
At Saving channel to Favorites List, press E/yes.
Scroll to the Favorites List and press E/yes.
For a New Favorites List Then see Data Naming.
The channel will be saved in the new or stored list with the channel’s System and Department (and all Sites in the System for an ID).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Brand new user here. Just took the scanner out of the box this afternoon. Didn't do anything with Sentinel software. Put in my zip code and started scanning, I'm not sure how but I managed to put my cities police dispatch into a favorites list and set quick key to 0. My question: If I stop on another frequency I want to monitor, is there a way I can immediately add it to that favorites list? Thanks.
If you just 'received the scanner' this afternoon, and 'haven't done anything with Sentinel', then it's likely that the database in the scanner is well out of date. Press the Menu button on the scanner (the bottom one on the left side).
Scroll down & select "Manage Full Database"
On the next screen, select 'Information'
You then see the date for the database in the scanner. The most recent update is 05/09/2021 (this past weekend).

Install Sentinel (if you have not already done so) and update the database. Once you have done that, write the update to the scanner.

While, long term, you likely would be happier with one or more Favorites lists containing what you are interested in, you can still scan using the database, your location, and a range. By having the latest database in the scanner, it will more accurately cover the current frequencies in use in your area.

opdave2001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. Very helpful. I am now scanning my small favorites list. When I decided to turn off the favorites list to hear some other frequencies I got the message Nothing to scan. Guessing I missed a step.

Status
Not open for further replies.